Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting practitioners were praising the positive effects of IF. I wanted to try it out and finally can confirm that IF works. But the only way I could take control of my appetite was by drinking huge amounts of water. Like 7~ liters trough out the day. 

It's a lot, but people eat the same extreme amounts of food and live, so, drinking water that floods my digestion and tricks the brain to switch off craving instinct is much better option, because if I don't flood my digestion, I get really annoying appetite. It got to a point where I can eat one meal a day constantly, If I just drink enough tasty water, which is easy.
RE: Intermittent fasting
I tried it recently, and I don't think it worked too well for me. Granted I didn't drink gallons of water, but it didn't help me lose weight for long, and my normal amount of energy went down. It might not have been the only problem, as I went through other changes in my life, but I've fallen off the wagon.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 8, 2018 at 2:06 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I tried it recently, and I don't think it worked too well for me. Granted I didn't drink gallons of water, but it didn't help me lose weight for long, and my normal amount of energy went down. It might not have been the only problem, as I went through other changes in my life, but I've fallen off the wagon.

The fat that in video is mentioned is the fat that is in our bodies as well besides the Keto diet(High Fat, Low carb, High Vegetable).
You're discussing two distinct things here. If drinking water curbs your appetite, well good for you. I don't think others have found it a useful tool in their goal to lose weight. Nor is it likely to limit appetite while fasting (in reasonable amounts). The other question is about the benefits of fasting. There appears to be some evidence that short, limited fasts may have a health benefit. The theory is that fasting causes your body to go into crisis mode and respond in ways that are ultimately beneficial.

Which did you actually want to discuss?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 8, 2018 at 2:17 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: You're discussing two distinct things here.  If drinking water curbs your appetite, well good for you.  I don't think others have found it a useful tool in their goal to lose weight.  Nor is it likely to limit appetite while fasting (in reasonable amounts). The other question is about the benefits of fasting.  There appears to be some evidence that short, limited fasts may have a health benefit.  The theory is that fasting causes your body to go into crisis mode and respond in ways that are ultimately beneficial.

Which did you actually want to discuss?

Both. Fasting is good because digestion system get's rest and body can divert that energy in to repair and clean up. I have felt much better after switching to a lot of water instead of snacks.
I fast intermittently.  I don't eat between meals.
(August 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Both. Fasting is good because digestion system get's rest and body can divert that energy in to repair and clean up. I have felt much better after switching to a lot of water instead of snacks.

Why do you think the digestive system needs a rest? Repair and clean up what?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 8, 2018 at 2:33 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Both. Fasting is good because digestion system get's rest and body can divert that energy in to repair and clean up. I have felt much better after switching to a lot of water instead of snacks.

Why do you think the digestive system needs a rest? Repair and clean up what?

We get addicted to food and pretty soon abuse it to the point where we eat just too much food and get fatter. Body instead of removing dead cells and building fresh ones is forced to digest excessive amounts of food which start to poison body.
(August 8, 2018 at 2:42 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(August 8, 2018 at 2:33 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Why do you think the digestive system needs a rest? Repair and clean up what?

We get addicted to food and pretty soon abuse it to the point where we eat just too much food and get fatter. Body instead removing dead cells and building fresh ones is forced to digest excessive amounts of food which poisons body and not nurtures it.

Where are you getting this information from?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 8, 2018 at 2:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(August 8, 2018 at 2:42 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: We get addicted to food and pretty soon abuse it to the point where we eat just too much food and get fatter. Body instead removing dead cells and building fresh ones is forced to digest excessive amounts of food which poisons body and not nurtures it.

Where are you getting this information from?

I watched videos of doctor and diet experts lectures on diets.