Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
72 virgins
72 virgins
5:08 - 5:46

So a question to this video by John Green. Is it true? Like where is his sources that this is a terribly sourced hadith. Because i found this. I know for a fact though that 2 virgins females or whatever atleast is referenced more though of someone going with you when you die in heaven as wives. I recently found this. Hasan grade level is considered legit or atleast arguable to use. So just wondering, is he really right that this is not legit because it seems like just from where i can see that this is usable and not really weak or contradictory if you just want to believe it.

But just curious to your views?

Narrated Al-Miqdam bin Ma'diykarib:

That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "There are six things with Allah for the martyr. He is forgiven with the first flow of blood (he suffers), he is shown his place in Paradise, he is protected from punishment in the grave, secured from the greatest terror, the crown of dignity is placed upon his head - and its gems are better than the world and what is in it - he is married to seventy two wives along Al-Huril-'Ayn of Paradise, and he may intercede for seventy of his close relatives." [Abu 'Eisa said:] This Hadith is Hasan Sahih.

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1663
RE: 72 virgins
You may want to edit your post and delete the link. 30/30 rule, yo. Hurry before the mods catch you.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Too late.
I couldn't describe it better than him at 5:10 : so many Hadiths are like highschool gossip, it's not just the 72 virgins Hadith but there are thousands of other narrations which are as absurd, despite repeating this fact time after time, criticizers of the faith don't seem to get it.

Islam is being ignored in world's history as a huge player and the world's second largest religion; it's getting hilarious that many non-Muslims try to ignore Islam as if it didn't exist.

So many societies got into Islam without the firing of an arrow, also the Quran advocates helping the poor and the freeing of slaves explicitly in officially stated verses, but still so many choose to ignore and repeat the same old criticism. Proven wrong is not enough, the Crusaders' brutality is ignored, the Mongol atrocities are ignored, the Roman arenas are forgotton, the atomic bomb detonation over Japan is forgiven, World War 1 is forgot, World War 2 is forgot, but Islam is being blamed for ordering its followers to fight "those who fight them but don't transgress".

Quote:https://quran.com/2/190?translations=
Sahih International

(190) Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

But still; the non-believing transgressor would ignore this, and accuse Islam of advocating transgression.
(August 15, 2018 at 4:09 am)LastPoet Wrote: Too late.

Ded
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I thought this might be a story of a small comic-con fest.

I don't know. I suspect anyone who wants 72 virgins has never had to deal with one virgin. Not the best of times, tbh.
Heh, before I even opened this thread I was wondering if it was a sock and how long it was going to last.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
72 virgins?

Are you going to a game convention, Leon?
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:72 virgins

The math department at MIT probably has more than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Will All Those Virgins Come From? Rhondazvous 27 4644 November 15, 2017 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  72 virgins Captain Scarlet 14 5349 August 23, 2010 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Thor
  17 virgins Dotard 16 10869 December 10, 2009 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Dotard