Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is not Christianity!
This is not Christianity!
My father is a Pentecostal preacher. He and I have lovingly been at odds over 40 years. This is not any form of Christianity I know of, nor can rationally be linked to it :

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joh...7b002f89ca
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: This is not Christianity!
I fail to see the connection between and among your father's occupation, your relationship with you father and the psychopath from the link.

Does you father agree with the psychopath's actions and the psychopath's claim his religion allowed/encouraged him to burn another human being? If so, then your father is yet another nutter and you would have established a connection, instead of authoring a non-sequitur.
What gives you the impression that the christian identity movement isn't christian?  Because they do unchristian things™?  So do all christians, and you don't have to take my word for it, ask the christians.  Wink

Personally, I can't see what would be more christian than showing a little ethnocentric hate, Like christ did when some bitch from another tribe kept nagging about her unperson daughter who was sick..due to being a worthless unperson.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:“To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ our savior and Lord, My name is John D. Carothers and I believe the Bible is about white people and for white people,”

Sounds like a perfect xtian fucktard to me.  Reminds me of a few we have running around loose here!
(August 28, 2018 at 8:38 pm)sdelsolray Wrote: I fail to see the connection between and among your father's occupation, your relationship with you father and the psychopath from the link.

Does you father agree with the psychopath's actions and the psychopath's claim his religion allowed/encouraged him to burn another human being?  If so, then your father is yet another nutter and you would have established a connection, instead of authoring a non-sequitur.

In no form of christianity that I have rejected do I recall a recognition of  white race or a rational to torch another humans face!

I heard a reference to a quote today (didn’t catch the original source). But when most atheist describe the god they don’t believe in, I find that I don’t believe in that god either.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(August 28, 2018 at 10:17 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I heard a reference to a quote today (didn’t catch the original source).  But when most atheist describe the god they don’t believe in, I find that I don’t believe in that god either.

OK?

(August 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm)Khemikal Wrote: What gives you the impression that the christian identity movement isn't christian?  Because they do unchristian things™?  So do all christians, and you don't have to take my word for it, ask the christians.  Wink

Personally, I can't see what would be more christian than showing a little ethnocentric hate, Like christ did when some bitch from another tribe kept nagging about her unperson daughter who was sick..due to being a worthless unperson.

Because of my people. I can not extend the responsibility that far.

I guess we know different sorts of christians?  They're certainly not every christian's sort of christian either..though that hardly makes them any less christian.  

There's a reason that white jesus is a thing...I bet there are some pictures of white jesus floating around in your sort of christian's households, too. These guys are much further along that spectrum, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 28, 2018 at 10:17 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I heard a reference to a quote today (didn’t catch the original source).  But when most atheist describe the god they don’t believe in, I find that I don’t believe in that god either.

That's because you too find the god of the bible unbelievable.

The difference between us and you is that we don't tie ourselves in knots trying to justify an unjustifiable position.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 29, 2018 at 4:11 am)Wololo Wrote:

That's because you too find the god of the bible unbelievable.

The difference between us and you is that we don't tie ourselves in knots trying to justify an unjustifiable position.

No; that would make me an unbeliever, which is not true. Many here, seems to have a major problem with understanding and eisogesis. This would be a good example. Nothing I said, leads to this.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attack Islam, not Christianity. Rwandrall 45 18991 June 21, 2011 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Zenith