Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The God Who Regrets
The God Who Regrets
Genesis 6:6-7 Wrote:6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

We are told that god is the same yesterday, today and forever. He never changes.  If the sins of man made him regret making them, will not also the sins of Christians make him regret  sending Jesus? Yes, he made a promise, but we see here that he is capable of regretting his actions, and a promise is an action.

You will argue that regret doesn't mean he didn't know what man would do. That doesn't change the fact that he still created man, knowing he would regret creating him but did it anyway. So there's no reason why he might have sent Jesus and later regret it, since the church does the same things that made him regret making men.

Fornication, murder, adultery, lust, violence. You name it, the church has done it. At this point, you mayplay the free will card. So we can violate god's will , but he can't violate ours? Interesting. For 2 thousand years the chrurch has done these things unabated. Perhaps god has already regretted and abandoned you.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: The God Who Regrets
Humans treat animals like shit when it comes to food, medicine and entertainment, we don't even notice it. If God exists, he might be as bad as us.
For an "all-knowing" god this asshole seems to fuck up a lot.

Quote:“I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following me and has not performed my commandments.” And Samuel was angry, and he cried to the LORD all night.

1 Samuel 15

How come you didn't know that was going to happen when you "anointed" him, asswipe?
- face palm -
<insert profound quote here>
What you mock, challenge, and scoff at from other belief systems, you freely accept and defend in your own.
Dying to live, living to die.
Oh, look.  "God's lawyer" just showed up.  You're about as credible as fucking Giuliani, Chad.
(August 29, 2018 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: For an "all-knowing" god this asshole seems to fuck up a lot.

Quote:“I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned back from following me and has not performed my commandments.” And Samuel was angry, and he cried to the LORD all night.

1 Samuel 15

How come you didn't know that was going to happen when you "anointed" him, asswipe?

You guys love to take scripture out of context...

God's original purpose was to lead the nation of Israel through a prophet, the first being Moses.

Later the nation of Israel wanted to be like the other nations and switch from a theocracy to a monarchy, which was not God's will for them to do, but he allowed it.

1 Samuel 8:4-21

Quote:So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah.  They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord.  And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king.  As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

Samuel tries to warn them that if they have a king, then they will basically become peasants and serfs and when they eventually come under the rulership of a tyrant, they will cry to God, but he will not hear them.
Quote:But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said.  “We want a king over us.  Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord.  The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”

So to answer you question, God DID know what would happen, but the x-factor as always is free will...
Hey asshole, I shouldn't have to tell you this because it is your stupid fucking book, but "god" is bitching to Samuel that he's pissed at Saul.

The question is, why didn't your allegedly all-knowing, all-powerful, all-whateverthefuck you claim, god not know that BEFORE he appointed him.

BTW...god was a little surprised when David turned out to be a fuck up, too.

Some fucking god you have there.  Probably good enough for the likes of you, Huggy, but I am not impressed.

Why is your silly god always surprised?
Yeah, since there is a thread on it, it always bothered me that Jesus was "amazed" when a gentile showed him reverence.

What up wit dat?
Ha! No gods exist! Just made up bullshit!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12318 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6681 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad