Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jogging in my older age
Jogging in my older age
When I was younger, running cross country and track, I practiced every other day in order to become a better runner.

Now that I am older, I cannot run that frequently.

When I was younger, if I took an extended break I lost any endurance I had incurred.

Now I know a lot of it might have been with running in the sun.

With my new work schedule, working the overnight (midnight) shift, I find that I have to jog when the sun is not out.

However, I still don't jog as much as I would like.  In fact, a couple of days ago I jogged for the first time in at least a month.  And guess what?  My endurance was perfect, as though I had been jogging regularly every other night for the past month.  

Maybe it's my older age that is allowing me to jog better than when I was younger or maybe it's just not jogging under that suffocating sun.
RE: Jogging in my older age
Humanity invented cars so I wouldn't have to run.
I was a better runner as a 50 year old than I was at 20. Unfortunately, my knees didn't agree. Sad
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(August 30, 2018 at 1:24 pm)Mermaid Wrote: I was a better runner as a 50 year old than I was at 20. Unfortunately, my knees didn't agree. Sad

Yeah, my left knee has been giving me trouble lately.
Night time/dark is for skinny dipping, not running.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Swimming doesn't overstress joints.
(August 30, 2018 at 1:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Humanity invented cars so I wouldn't have to run.

"How far can you run?"

"How scared am I?"
Fuck that.

"Where are my keys."
I've outrun thread fall on Pern. Of course I was a fifteen year old girl then.
I joined a gym last fall. I have lost over 40 lbs. I am 59 years old and have not ran in over 15 years. 3 weeks ago I started running again. I run on an indoor track between weight sets. So , I do bench presses then run 1/5 of a mile. Then move to next weight set. Ran 1 to 1.5 miles daily 5 days a week for two weeks then developed bilateral runners knees. I enjoy running but am.going to have to rethink things. I think I was not using proper form (heel to toe) and pounding the ground in an oafish way. Bought real running shoes and will try again next week or two. If injury recurrs it is back to the speed rope, eliptical, and swimming. I might try spinning.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientists claim jogging can be harmful Foxaèr 22 4907 April 15, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ManMachine