Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica
Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica
There are no new lands to discover.

And too bad we're thousands of years from ever traveling through space, if we ever make it that far.
RE: Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica
(September 8, 2018 at 10:36 am)Kit Wrote: There are no new lands to discover.

And too bad we're thousands of years from ever traveling through space, if we ever make it that far.

Maybe global warming will melt the Antarctic ice sheet and we can discover what’s underneath.
(September 8, 2018 at 10:36 am)Kit Wrote: There are no new lands to discover.

You know that you are allowed to leave the country, right?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 8, 2018 at 10:53 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: You know that you are allowed to leave the country, right?

The word pilgrimage in the title is rather specific, wouldn't you agree?
(September 8, 2018 at 10:55 am)Kit Wrote:
(September 8, 2018 at 10:53 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: You know that you are allowed to leave the country, right?

The word pilgrimage in the title is rather specific, wouldn't you agree?

A pilgrimage isn't going to a new land. Mecca isn't a new place.

I mean there are lots of countries in the world. I've been to around 30 of them. Spent 3 months or more in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Australia and Spain.

You can pilgrimate all over the place.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 8, 2018 at 11:07 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: A pilgrimage isn't going to a new land. Mecca isn't a new place.

I mean there are lots of countries in the world. I've been to around 30 of them. Spent 3 months or more in Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Australia and Spain.

You can pilgrimate all over the place.

I suppose I'm being nostalgic and old school by making a literary reference to a pilgrimage in relation to the Mayflower Pilgrims.
We could colonize the moon and have large portions of our population living comfortably in O'neill cylinders within a few hundred years if we Earthlings ever learned to cooperate with one another and harmonize our goals as a species. Once religion becomes a thing of the past, that'll be one less hurdle to overcoming our divided world.
Give the Orange Fucktard cylinder #1.  It would make the douchebag so happy and he could finally enable Putin to say "we Russkis colonized the moon."
We have lots of sea floor yet to discover/conquer.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1447 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1158 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bad Apple Yonadav 7 1037 March 4, 2019 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4040 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Something very bad is coming to the whole world. WinterHold 7 694 November 27, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Arabia as USA ally is not a bad thing Rignia 6 963 November 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  NPCs. Orange man bad, Atheist Marxism Ismir 2 477 November 4, 2018 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1316 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Nazism isnt that bad Nain 7 466 October 8, 2018 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 572 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist