Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dowsing?
Dowsing?
I never thought much about it until suddenly, my hand started targeting things like nuts, bolts, batteries, cigarette butts and coins.

So, I tracked a $1.00 scratch off lottery reel in FL where I bought my cigarettes. When the target was close, I asked how many tickets to buy and it formed my hand to indicate 12. The first ticket was a $20.00 winner and the 12th ticket was a $15.00 winner with $6.00 in between!

So, I tracked a reel near my brothers house from here in HI, where gambling and lotteries are illegal, it was a $5.00 game, and when it was close, I called my brother and had him buy 3 tickets off that reel. The 3rd ticket was a $100.00 winner!

So, I know that dowsing is real but, as far as scratch off lottery reels go; it's a waste of time. I mean, the amount of work was not worth the payout. At least, not yet.
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
RE: Dowsing?
Dowsing isn't real.
(September 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Dowsing isn't real.
How many times have you tried it!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
I used to be into new age woo and believed in dowsing. I had my own cheap crystal on the end of a bit of string. I realised that you could easily direct the movement on demand and it would look like it was moving yourself.

Which you could explain as being a way of tapping into your subconscious (i.e. making it all up) but then how does your brain detect where the water is, or gold, or metal or whatever you're dowsing for?
I can't tell if you're crazy or a troll. Nice.
I sincerely hope you donate your brain to science when you die. We need more study of brain pathology, not less.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 12, 2018 at 5:53 pm)Shell B Wrote: I can't tell if you're crazy or a troll. Nice.

Both isn't off the table!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(September 12, 2018 at 4:45 pm)Haipule Wrote: I never thought much about it until suddenly, my hand started targeting things like nuts, bolts, batteries, cigarette butts and coins.

So, I tracked a $1.00 scratch off lottery reel in FL where I bought my cigarettes. When the target was close, I asked how many tickets to buy and it formed my hand to indicate 12. The first ticket was a $20.00 winner and the 12th ticket was a $15.00 winner with $6.00 in between!

So, I tracked a reel near my brothers house from here in HI, where gambling and lotteries are illegal, it was a $5.00 game, and when it was close, I called my brother and had him buy 3 tickets off that reel. The 3rd ticket was a $100.00 winner!

So, I know that dowsing is real but, as far as scratch off lottery reels go; it's a waste of time. I mean, the amount of work was not worth the payout. At least, not yet.

Nice one time anecdote. Complete hokum and malarkey.

Video or it never happened.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 12, 2018 at 5:44 pm)Haipule Wrote:
(September 12, 2018 at 4:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Dowsing isn't real.
How many times have you tried it!

A few actually. It works great if you already know where something is, or can't prove the result. When I was a kid we had a family friend come over and do some dowsing. He said he was able to redirect some underground streams beneath our house. An amazing feat if you ignore the fact that there's no way anyone could verify what he said.
Seems simple enough to test. 

1.  Take one hundred identical boxes and lay them out in a grid pattern.

2.  In two of the boxes, place a sample of whatever the dowser claims to be able to find. 

3.  Collapse in hysterical laughter.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson