Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist
3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist
1-Ask about the design of the universe: this question is very embarrassing to atheists, because the universe is full of signs. From the human body to mathematics, to the value of PI, the universe seems like a pattern designed by the same entity.

2-Open up the topic of time: human life is timed. Literally there is a cosmic clock, and the sun gives the time for earth. Why do the odds stack up in this life?

3-Why do we have consciousness?
RE: 3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist
Incorrect.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
1. The designer appears to be incompetent.

2. Very vague concept.

3. Because that's the way we evolved.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 25, 2018 at 1:46 am)Kit Wrote: Incorrect.

You believe in God for the sake of yourself, not for the sake of him
Here's three actual points.

- you can't disprove Allah!

- put fingers in ears

- lalalalala i can't hear you lalalalala

I mean you won't win. But you'll probably end The discussion.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(September 25, 2018 at 1:48 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: 1.  The designer appears to be incompetent.

Life is perfectly obsolete: creating something as big as the universe but also as obsolete and fragile does indicate a divine creator behind it all.
We know the universe will be reduced to nothing. Try to reduce a fly to nothing.
But to start from nothing, and be reduced to nothing, for something as big as the universe??

Quote:2.  Very vague concept.

How? time is a main physical attribute used in almost all physical calculations, and even has its own dimension.

Quote:3.  Because that's the way we evolved.

Until this moment, consciousness was not defined. It's a mysterious human trait that evolution doesn't quite answer.
Some of our ancestors (chimps) remained unconscious. why did we grew brains?
Hello!

I'm new here but your post caught my eye.

(September 25, 2018 at 1:43 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: 1-Ask about the design of the universe: this question is very embarrassing to atheists, because the universe is full of signs. From the human body to mathematics, to the value of PI, the universe seems like a pattern designed by the same entity.

2-Open up the topic of time: human life is timed. Literally there is a cosmic clock, and the sun gives the time for earth. Why do the odds stack up in this life?

1) ? What 'Design ? I do not see anything implicitly designed. I see no design in rocks. In stellar formations. 'Signs' ? What do you mean by 'Signs'? SO, you're saying that things such as 'Cancer' and 'Floods' are also designed?

2) ? Huh ? The Sun does not give the Earth its 'Time'. It is the Earth's rotation which creates a 'Night' and 'Day cycle. If there us a 'Cosmic clock'... why do all the planets in this solar system rotate at different speeds? Why doesn't Venus rotate at the same speed or direction as Earth? They are very similarly sized stellar bodies after all.

3) As an emergent property of a nervous/nerological system I believe it 'Just is'. The same as can be seen in diefferent foms in other animals. Many other primates exhibit awarness of self. As do some birds. Heck, I believe there has even been tests done on certain moluscs which seem to show that 'They' have a sense of 'Self.

So... Nothing 'Unique' or 'Special' about pretty much everything you've postulated. :/

Cheers
(September 25, 2018 at 1:43 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: 1-Ask about the design of the universe: this question is very embarrassing to atheists, because the universe is full of signs. From the human body to mathematics, to the value of PI, the universe seems like a pattern designed by the same entity.

At no prior moment during your entire long and lamentable effort to assert your dilusional self importance to your betters here have you even exhibited the slightest hint of being capable of meaningful discourse. This is why discussions with you stops at your opening your mouth.
(September 25, 2018 at 1:58 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Life is perfectly obsolete: creating something as big as the universe but also as obsolete and fragile does indicate a divine creator behind it all.
We know the universe will be reduced to nothing. Try to reduce a fly to nothing.
But to start from nothing, and be reduced to nothing, for something as big as the universe??

How? time is a main physical attribute used in almost all physical calculations, and even has its own dimension.

Until this moment, consciousness was not defined. It's a mysterious human trait that evolution doesn't quite answer.
Some of our ancestors (chimps) remained unconscious. why did we grew brains?

1.  It's because of entropy.

2. Time is not physical. It is a human construct, just like math is.

3.  How is a chimp or any other living thing with a brain not conscious?  Have you ever seen a cat or a dog?

Norm

1. "The universe seems". It's not a fact. Designer could be a Hot Goddess who give her daughters to the best of humanity as a reward and the rest of the people get not so hot daughters of the Goddess. Anyway, Prase the Goddess.

2. Praise the Goddess.

3. Praise the Goddess. You ask me how I know? I say, I just believe and so should you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1340 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any Sunni/Shiite WinterHold 69 6324 August 8, 2022 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13929 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Discussion with a new age muslim Lebneni Murtad 13 2479 April 21, 2017 at 2:00 pm
  The Argument for Islam is very Simple: Mystic 98 10473 March 27, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  The end of the world in Quran Christo 58 7841 May 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Tajikistan Shaves 13,000 Men's Beards To 'End Radicalism' ReptilianPeon 8 2281 January 29, 2016 at 4:34 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  I'm resigning from discussion in religion. WinterHold 27 7241 February 12, 2013 at 9:50 am
  'End of virginity' if women drive, Saudi cleric warns downbeatplumb 15 7264 December 5, 2011 at 10:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  John Armstrong With A Simple Challenge For Muslims Minimalist 37 14225 July 8, 2010 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist