Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism and woo.
Atheism and woo.
Yes, they do go together.

All it means is we believe in one less fairy tale, that's all.
We're still suspicious monkeys trusting our primitive instincts...

I make the effort to not walk on cracks in the footpath.
I drive extra safe on Friday 13th.
Clowns still give me the spooky shits
I constantly find number patterns in real life and play the lotto that weekend
I'm not OCD ... too lazy for that shit.

Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Atheism and woo.
I try to identify and terminate any woo thinking that I have. How successful I am is really up to other people to judge. I feel like I do pretty well, but I'm a flawed monkey like any other.

I definitely have irrational anxieties, as I have a huge anxiety problem in general. I know they are irrational, even while I'm experiencing them, but they are like a weight hanging round my neck. They drag me down and make it harder for me to do things, even when I know there is no logical basis for them.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's our natural ancient animal instincts conflicting with our modern logical thinking brain.
I think we all have them moments regularly Rob...

EG, I see a sexy lady and my mind wanders but them my "accountant/laywer" logical brain reads me the fine print and what the true cost will be!

Shit, I can't even afford an affair even if I wanted one!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I was an atheist long before I gave up woo.

And this is the difficulty religionists have when they claim that atheism is irrational, or that it says one thing. You can be an atheist for many different reasons, or believe in many different things and still be an atheist.
During an OBE, I astrally projected to an Atlantean temple where I was given a set of crystals which, when placed in distilled water in the presence of various cryptids, yielded  a homeopathic solution which cured me of my belief in woo.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 2, 2018 at 1:36 am)ignoramus Wrote: ...
Clowns still give me the spooky shits

That's not woo, that's just good sense.
I don't believe in woo. I just wish people wound stop following me around and spying on me. Especially the neighborhood kids.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Mark, what's with the name change? Midlife crysis? Oh well, cheaper than an affair anyway.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(October 2, 2018 at 7:35 am)ignoramus Wrote: Mark, what's with the name change? Midlife crysis? Oh well, cheaper than an affair anyway.

An unappreciated joke. 

Midlife, thanks!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 2, 2018 at 8:18 am)wyzas Wrote:
(October 2, 2018 at 7:35 am)ignoramus Wrote: Mark, what's with the name change? Midlife crysis? Oh well, cheaper than an affair anyway.

An unappreciated joke. 

Midlife, thanks!

So you're another Mark?  Weren't we a dime a dozen growing up?  Not nowadays.  Think I might of had a couple in 25 years worth of classes.

But what is the inside joke?  Really, wyzas you do it?  Oh wait a minute wise ass, really?  You went there?  You're my new hero and I am not the most shameless person in the room.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Woo-hoo! Foxaèr 2 420 June 19, 2016 at 8:09 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Woo! I'm member #1000! WingedFoe 5 1790 June 6, 2010 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Violet