Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Romanoffs
The Romanoffs
The Romanoffs is an upcoming tv series created by Matthew Weiner.

I guess the premise of the show is kind of stupid: why would they pick that family? I mean what's the idea behind it and what's the point of it all? And then I remembered there was one episode of Frasier when Frasier and his brother thought they themselves are Romanoffs, so I guess there is some sort of real mania about it that people want to be descendants of Romanoffs.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: The Romanoffs
Ra ra Rasputin...
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 4, 2018 at 2:31 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: The Romanoffs is an upcoming tv series created by Matthew Weiner.

I guess the premise of the show is kind of stupid: why would they pick that family? I mean what's the idea behind it and what's the point of it all? And then I remembered there was one episode of Frasier when Frasier and his brother thought they themselves are Romanoffs, so I guess there is some sort of real mania about it that people want to be descendants of Romanoffs.

Because a totally parasitic life most costly to the unfortunate host is the real American dream?

Would Cinderella be as appealing if she discover her future is not as a princesses living in unearned splendor but a farmer who actually makes it possible for people to eat?
Oops I forgot to mention that The Romanoffs is a contemporary series "set around the globe, centering on separate stories about people who believe themselves to be descendants of the Russian royal family." And thus Frasier reference.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 4, 2018 at 2:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Ra ra Rasputin...

An odious peasant who had the nerve to call himself a monk. Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(October 4, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 2:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Ra ra Rasputin...

An odious peasant who had the nerve to call himself a monk. Dodgy

Boney M song.

Wink
Dying to live, living to die.
We like to dance to that song in our house. 

(October 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(October 4, 2018 at 8:19 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: An odious peasant who had the nerve to call himself a monk. Dodgy

Boney M song.

Wink

Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_5ROBX3H0  Popcorn
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
I prefer the Strokinoffs.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Trumpminoffs! Just saying!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!