Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endurance limits
Endurance limits

This guy tortures himself daily and yet he only get stronger? Does all people have such endurance potential?
RE: Endurance limits
Endurance is subjective, so no.
(October 5, 2018 at 12:58 pm)Kit Wrote: Endurance is subjective, so no.

I don't know my limits. Maybe I am the chosen one. LoL.
Whoever said "that which doesn't kill me , only makes me stronger" - never heard of polio, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson's.

Had they, they would have added qualifiers.

Tongue
Just listening to those kinds of people makes me exhausted.  I once read Dwayne Johnson's workout schedule and had to lie down for an hour.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Endurance is a common human trait.  Fun fact, we can outrun horses.  Course, we don't all apply that phenomenal endurance to the same things (or worthy things).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 5, 2018 at 3:01 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Endurance is a common human trait.  Fun fact, we can outrun horses.  Course, we don't all apply that phenomenal endurance to the same things (or worthy things).

We can pretty much outdo any hayburner. When I was at university, I knew guys who would chase deer on foot and catch then. A simple slap on the ass, like "tag" was all they did. Stupid move on their part; the deer probably had enough left in it to kick the snot out of them.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 5, 2018 at 1:53 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Whoever said "that which doesn't kill me , only makes me stronger" - never heard of polio, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson's.

Had they, they would have added qualifiers.

Tongue

"That which does not kill me gets more chances."

(October 5, 2018 at 3:01 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Endurance is a common human trait.  Fun fact, we can outrun horses.  Course, we don't all apply that phenomenal endurance to the same things (or worthy things).

Kalahari Bushmen run kudu down, chasing them in relays. It's the same system African painted dogs use. I wonder where the Bushmen learned that? Read
We can also outrun dogs.  By alot.  A dog can only pace you for 5km.  Beyond that, every step you take increases the distance.  They don't sweat.  That's why, if you want to talk about real distance runners (not relay racings mutts)...you turn to the iditarod.  The low temps make up for their inability.  

-You just have to want it, bad...like a fuckin dog does.  

We probably learned it the same way they did.  By chasing shit, and realizing that it can't outrun us forever. That includes african hunting dogs. They're made of meat, too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!