Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Twitter files.......
WTF Twitter files.......
Listen up theists here. I just had an example of a dumbass atheist on twitter justifying "might makes right".

The issue, Native Americans this time. His argument, " They made slaves out of their captured too". His other argument, "We had better technology and we were better educated" meaning White Europeans. Yea and? Hitler built Germany's public highways they still use today.

Humans living in all of antiquity did that. The Egyptians and Romans and Greeks. Humans defeated each other back then and turned the captured into their slaves.

SO THE FUCK WHAT! "They do it too" is not a fucking argument. 

Saying humans have always been cruel to each other IS NOT AN ARGUMENT if your goal is to reduce human suffering.

What White Europeans did to blacks and Native Americans, and the Japanese Americans was bad and should be avoided. What Andrew Jackson did to Native Americans WAS BAD! SLAVERY WAS BAD!

To pull this whataboutism, is to allow these atrocities to repeat.

I fucking hate Trump, he, the individual represents the worst in human nature. But in fighting that asshole bully, I will never get to the point of wanting to harm his supporters, MY OWN FAMILY! I hate that my biological mother(not my late adoptive mother) but my biological mother and my sister support that  bully. 

I do not want us getting to a civil war, I know they would not want that either. But, if might makes right and "shit happens" and "what can you do" and "they do it too" are arguments, then after WW2 when we defeated Germany, we should have murdered every German left over. It is bad enough humans are tribal and we can be cruel to each other, that is bad enough. 

But no, just like I hate theists claiming morality is magically handed down to us, I hate just as much when an atheist says "POV", and while not wrong, that argument means nothing when over simplified, and that is what this moron did.

What he left out of the "POV' is the need to treat every action as case by case and not either/or.

The "eye for an eye" is a religious statement. "Humans compete for resources, and fight over them" is the evolutionary fact. Humans ARE tribal and no theist are atheist should or can ignore that fact. 

What matters, or should matter to both the atheist and theist, is not where our differences are, but how to reduce human suffering outside our differences. <---- THAT is what was lost on that atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One for the Chutzpah files. Gawdzilla Sama 4 325 March 12, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Just now on twitter...... Hitting the Roof OP/ED Brian37 4 766 November 25, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37