Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be my Guest.....
Be my Guest.....
Ok this was pretty cool. Dwayne and his wife and son and friend Inman came over last night. That was fun but it was one of those sudden calls, "Whatcha up to"..... To which I responded, "Sure come on over." Now think of every comedy where they speed up the film. That was me cleaning my house thinking, "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT".

Actually I am glad they did that because, although my house wasn't a dumpster like the old one, I did need to pick up a bit. 
RE: Be my Guest.....
Hurricane after-party?
(October 12, 2018 at 7:45 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Hurricane after-party?

No it was a hurry can, or hurry must. 

I had mail all over my kitchen counter, dirty dishes in the sink, shopping bags on the floor still not put away, ect ect ect. I don't mind my own mess, but when I have friends over I like it to be nicer than when they are not here. But if I go too long without visitors I can get behind, so it is good that they came over. It forces me to pick up.
You should want to pick up anyway because you have a new house and I would think that you'd have enough pride to want to keep it clean. IJS.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 12, 2018 at 8:11 am)Joods Wrote: You should want to pick up anyway because you have a new house and I would think that you'd have enough pride to want to keep it clean. IJS.

I do, but it does help to have that extra motivation. It isn't going to get anywhere as bad as the old house because I have updated my strategy that forces me to take trash out literally on a daily basis. I simply like having that extra motivation.
(October 12, 2018 at 8:18 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 12, 2018 at 8:11 am)Joods Wrote: You should want to pick up anyway because you have a new house and I would think that you'd have enough pride to want to keep it clean. IJS.

I do, but it does help to have that extra motivation. It isn't going to get anywhere as bad as the old house because I have updated my strategy that forces me to take trash out literally on a daily basis. I simply like having that extra motivation.

I'm currently starting my goal of moving to the Bahamas in six years. I'll have a house built there complete with an internal vacuum system. Those things are pretty awesome. You literally attach the hose to a port in the baseboard of the walls and start vacuuming.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 12, 2018 at 8:20 am)Joods Wrote:
(October 12, 2018 at 8:18 am)Brian37 Wrote: I do, but it does help to have that extra motivation. It isn't going to get anywhere as bad as the old house because I have updated my strategy that forces me to take trash out literally on a daily basis. I simply like having that extra motivation.

I'm currently starting my goal of moving to the Bahamas in six years. I'll have a house built there complete with an internal vacuum system. Those things are pretty awesome. You literally attach the hose to a port in the baseboard of the walls and start vacuuming.

I gotcha beat on that. I have virtually NO carpeting at all, vinyl flooring. I use a dust mop, the flat rectangular ones you put the rags on.  Takes me less than 5 minutes to mop my floor from the front room all the way to the back of the house. I hate carpet because I am not good with it. In fact, my house is so big I and since I live alone, I have my bed in my living room. I don't use my bedrooms at all because they have carpet. I have long since hated carpet.
Awe... all that wasted space!

I could so decorate your house.
The sole problem I have with our current digs is the GREY carpet. When it's completely clean it still looks like white carpet that has been in a flood. It's only in the living room and hall, but that's bad enough.
Photo 
(October 12, 2018 at 8:56 am)Joods Wrote: Awe... all that wasted space!

I could so decorate your house.

As much as I have moved in my life, the more I care less about having more things. It is not wasted space when someday you will sell it to someone whom will use it. 

Funny, long ago when I was a kid, my dad had a teacher friend who lived in a townhouse with very little in it. I asked him why he had so little, and it makes sense to me now. You have to move that shit. He didn't use those words, but I understand now.

I don't have family, and having had to move my mother's stuff with no help, it is a pain for someone single. The great thing about this new house is that having little makes it easier to clean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 2634 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4