Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:02 am

Poll: Is Witcher 3 great?
This poll is closed.
Great
85.71%
6 85.71%
Sucks
0%
0 0%
Other...
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Witcher 3
Witcher 3
I'm going camping for a week later this month. Easy camping - cabin with electricity, but no internet. Thinking about taking a game to play and the reviews I'm reading make out Witcher 3 to be awesome. Is it?
RE: Witcher 3
I'm usually not a fan of swording in RPG's, but it's a decent enough game. I haven't finished playing it as I'm taking a break to play some other stuff, but I'll get back to it eventually.
Hooo boy yes. Widely and rightly regarded as one of the best RPGs of recent memory. The lore is such a nice breath of fresh air from the common western fantasy stuff, since it's all eastern european folklore-based. Tons of shit to do, lots of meaningful choices, great characters.

I'd say though, you should try to find a short recap of the first two games to bring you up to speed if you haven't played them - there's an assload of characters and history and events that are referenced heavily in the 3rd game. But, even if you don't know what's going on Witcher 3 is a hell of a good time.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2018 at 12:33 pm)alpha male Wrote: I'm going camping for a week later this month. Easy camping - cabin with electricity, but no internet. Thinking about taking a game to play and the reviews I'm reading make out Witcher 3 to be awesome. Is it?

What would Jesus thought if you were spending your time in sinners game, instead of glorifying the Lord? Repent bro.
(October 12, 2018 at 12:36 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Hooo boy yes.  Widely and rightly regarded as one of the best RPGs of recent memory.  The lore is such a nice breath of fresh air from the common western fantasy stuff, since it's all eastern european folklore-based.  Tons of shit to do, lots of meaningful choices, great characters.  

I'd say though, you should try to find a short recap of the first two games to bring you up to speed if you haven't played them - there's an assload of characters and history and events that are referenced heavily in the 3rd game.  But, even if you don't know what's going on Witcher 3 is a hell of a good time.

Does it have an intro that teaches you how to use the controls? Or should I look up a beginner's guide and save it for offline reference?
(October 12, 2018 at 1:04 pm)alpha male Wrote: Does it have an intro that teaches you how to use the controls? Or should I look up a beginner's guide and save it for offline reference?

Most all games have a tutorial in the beginning, and this one is no exception.
(October 12, 2018 at 1:04 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(October 12, 2018 at 12:36 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Hooo boy yes.  Widely and rightly regarded as one of the best RPGs of recent memory.  The lore is such a nice breath of fresh air from the common western fantasy stuff, since it's all eastern european folklore-based.  Tons of shit to do, lots of meaningful choices, great characters.  

I'd say though, you should try to find a short recap of the first two games to bring you up to speed if you haven't played them - there's an assload of characters and history and events that are referenced heavily in the 3rd game.  But, even if you don't know what's going on Witcher 3 is a hell of a good time.

Does it have an intro that teaches you how to use the controls? Or should I look up a beginner's guide and save it for offline reference?

Yeah there's definitely a controls intro, but the lore/backstory is the thing that needs a quick up-to-speed guide.

EDIT: like this one! https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the...-up-guide/
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2018 at 1:07 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(October 12, 2018 at 1:04 pm)alpha male Wrote: Does it have an intro that teaches you how to use the controls? Or should I look up a beginner's guide and save it for offline reference?

Yeah there's definitely a controls intro, but the lore/backstory is the thing that needs a quick up-to-speed guide.

EDIT: like this one! https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the...-up-guide/

Thanks! Saw it's based on books, so I just downloaded the first one.

(October 12, 2018 at 1:05 pm)Kit Wrote:

Most all games have a tutorial in the beginning, and this one is no exception.

Cool. I play online games - DDO and Fortnite. Last time I played a regular game was Oblivion, so I don't know a whole lot.
Witcher 3 is one of those games that is frustrating in the extreme in places and still one of the best games I've ever played.

Be warned that it is very addictive.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 12, 2018 at 12:33 pm)alpha male Wrote: I'm going camping for a week later this month. Easy camping - cabin with electricity, but no internet. Thinking about taking a game to play and the reviews I'm reading make out Witcher 3 to be awesome. Is it?

Shouldn't you be singing Kumbaya around a campfire rather than playing video games? Big Grin Young people today... Rolleyes Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Witcher franchise... Ravenshire 24 3356 April 28, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Napoléon