Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Duran Duran prove Tintin?
Does Duran Duran prove Tintin?
As you may know, the band Duran Duran is named after the two detectives in the Tintin books.

If a band bothered doing this this may indicate that the brothers were real.

And if the detectives were real, this is a good indicator that Tintin himself was real.

Snowy the talking dog is likely a metaphor.

Discuss!
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Fors Duran Duran prove Tintin?
(October 12, 2018 at 5:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: As you may know, the band Duran Duran is named after the twi detectives in the Tintin books.

If a band bothered doing this this may indicate that the  brothers were real.

And if the detectives were real, this is a good indicator that Tintin himself was real.

Discuss!

What about captain Haddock?
Before this can be discussed, we need to address your premise.  Duran Duran are named, not for the Tintin characters, but for the mad scientist in Roger Vadim's science-fiction classic, Barbarella.

If a band bothered doing this, it may indicated that the scientist in the film was a real person, the inventor of the Excessive Machine, that kills via orgasmic pleasure.

If the scientist was real, this is a good indication that Jane Fonda is real, and not the simulacrum we'd all supposed.

Ms Fonda's tits in the opening sequence are likely a metaphor (I don't really care for what).

Discuss.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 12, 2018 at 5:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: As you may know, the band Duran Duran is named after the twi detectives in the Tintin books.

Discuss!

I prefer DuBang DuBang if we're talking about the twins.

But the name came from Barbarella.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Discuss!

Personally I am a Tintin fundamentalist and believe that every word in the Tintin cartoons is inerrant.

Snowy really did talk. He was an angel in dog form sent down to Earth to guide Tintin (God's son, but also God himself, and the trinity personified) to go on adventures solving crimes bringing peace and harmony to the world.

It really did happen. There's acheological and scientific proof that I saw mentioned on the discovery channel but I can't remember exactly who or what was being talked about. But it sounded convincing at the time and but that's enough to base an argument on. And my daily life.
RE: Does Duran Duran prove Tintin?
I stand corrected by wise arses.

Still discuss the premise.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 12, 2018 at 5:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Before this can be discussed, we need to address your premise.  Duran Duran are named, not for the Tintin characters, but for the mad scientist in Roger Vadim's science-fiction classic, Barbarella.

Discuss.

Boru

Truth. Beccs wasn't a crazy teenager in the 80's like I was and I, along with millions of other fangirls, had a huge crush on John Taylor. 

D2 was indeed named after a character in the Movie, Barbarella.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Does Duran Duran prove Tintin?
No mas.

Or is that the wrong Duran?
(October 12, 2018 at 5:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Before this can be discussed, we need to address your premise.  Duran Duran are named, not for the Tintin characters, but for the mad scientist in Roger Vadim's science-fiction classic, Barbarella.

If a band bothered doing this, it may indicated that the scientist in the film was a real person, the inventor of the Excessive Machine, that kills via orgasmic pleasure.

If the scientist was real, this is a good indication that Jane Fonda is real, and not the simulacrum we'd all supposed.

Ms Fonda's tits in the opening sequence are likely a metaphor (I don't really care for what).

Discuss.

Boru

Ms Fonda should have shoved her tits into the anti-aircraft battery she so joyfully sat atop in that picture taken in Viet Nam, and yelled, "Fire!". It would have led to less torture at the Hanoi Hilton. To which I will add-

[Image: XfihNbZ.jpg]

Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.