Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is fiscal responsibility?
This is fiscal responsibility?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...g-deficits

Step 1: $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich & corporations
Step 2: $100 billion increase to already bloated military
Step 3: blame the increasing deficit on poor people & grandmas, cut their already meager benefits

Nobody saw that one coming I'm sure!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: This is fiscal responsibility?
And now we wait for the justifications to start pouring in.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
You know, I've noticed that debt growth doesn't even slow down with Republicans in charge, and the last two presidencies, it accelerated. In this turvy topsy world, to keep the debt under control, vote Democrat.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
oh you silly leftists, you just don't understand trickle-down economics... you just need to keep giving to the rich till they can't take no more and after that continue giving even more so that some of that wealth can trickle down...eventually!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

When will you all learn that republicunts have always been, are, and will remain totally full of shit?
Politician is a Sumerian word for gutless, spineless, cutthroat, back stabbing weasel.
The GOP hasn't been fiscally conservative for, what, 40 years? Longer? They kept the rhetoric, because rubes eat it up, but the policies are atrocious.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 16, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Aegon Wrote: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...g-deficits

Step 1: $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich & corporations
Step 2: $100 billion increase to already bloated military
Step 3: blame the increasing deficit on poor people & grandmas, cut their already meager benefits

Nobody saw that one coming I'm sure!

Wow, that's really shocking and totally not what the "fiscally conservative" party has been doing since long before I was even born... and given its track record of not bothering to learn from its past mistakes (and also the Washington culture of doubling down on policies so you don't have to take responsibility for your mistakes and you can potentially get re-elected), will keep doing for the foreseeable future.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 16, 2018 at 7:49 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: The GOP hasn't been fiscally conservative for, what, 40 years?  Longer?  They kept the rhetoric, because rubes eat it up, but the policies are atrocious.

Which is why I have voted for Democrats for the past 40+ years.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take some fucking responsibility! The Valkyrie 247 21576 June 26, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Mermaid