Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of Sinking Arks!
Beware of Sinking Arks!
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/...september/

Quote:Ark Encounter Sold Fewer Tickets This September Than Last September

Quote:Not only is Ark Encounter drawing fewer paying members now than a year before, the attendance drop is getting larger each month.

Can't feel sorry for those dumb rednecks who propped up this bullshit with all sorts of tax breaks.  Serves you right, assholes.
RE: Beware of Sinking Arks!
The fact that they have had over a million visitors (not all of whom went to laugh) is depressing as hell.

Superior science education in America: A good idea. We should try it.
(October 23, 2018 at 11:35 am)Minimalist Wrote: http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/...september/

Quote:Ark Encounter Sold Fewer Tickets This September Than Last September

Quote:Not only is Ark Encounter drawing fewer paying members now than a year before, the attendance drop is getting larger each month.

Can't feel sorry for those dumb rednecks who propped up this bullshit with all sorts of tax breaks.  Serves you right, assholes.

Say fundies. There are liberal rednecks in red states. And it may surprise you, but even redneck atheists. Hillbilly Atheist here is a liberal redneck from Oklahoma. He'd agree that Ark was a waste of money too, and he says "taters".

The GOP fundies in that state deserve it sure, but not every person in that state votes for the GOP. Too many, sure, but not every single one.
That is their problem, not mine. 

Kentucky is a reliable red state.  If the fuckers don't like the way it is going it is up to them to change it.  Clearly, fucking jesus is not coming through for them.
The KY (jelly) state also sucks up a lot of welfare.
(October 23, 2018 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: That is their problem, not mine. 

Kentucky is a reliable red state.  If the fuckers don't like the way it is going it is up to them to change it.  Clearly, fucking jesus is not coming through for them.

Minn, there is very little you say that upsets me.

But when it comes to empathetic people, I could give a shit what state or what country they live in.

Is Atlass full of shit on claims of Allah? Sure, but I am no more worried about him booking a one way flight into a skyscraper than I am Hillbilly Atheist shooting me with his shotgun. 

Liberals are our allies, and to abandon them and ignore them, is wrong. If they feel written off, that wont give them the motivation to try. 

I have another online friend in Pakistan, who is an atheist, and hates Trump and bigotry as much as you and I do. 

Liberals and even atheists exist in even Kentucky. I refuse to write off any human who values empathy, no matter where they live.

I am with you in fighting fear and conservatives. But no, I will not write off my best friend just because he lives in a red state. 

http://www.louisvilleatheists.com/wordpress/

http://www.blasphemyinthebluegrass.com/local-groups/

That is just a couple of groups in Kentucky 

Wanna try Oklahoma?

https://www.facebook.com/OklahomaAtheists/

That is just a small sample, but we exist in all 50 states. And so do our liberal theist friends.
What a massive waste of thousands of beautiful trees.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~
Even if/when it fails Ham will just sell the land, blame atheists (because it seems his god isn't powerful enough to help him), and then laugh all the way to tge bank.

I'd love to see the state sue him into oblivion, but since the corrupt politicians are on his side...
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 23, 2018 at 12:28 pm)Nakara Wrote: What a massive waste of thousands of beautiful trees.

Actually I saw pictures of the construction, it is fake. Just like the crap people put on their floors.
(October 23, 2018 at 12:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 23, 2018 at 12:28 pm)Nakara Wrote: What a massive waste of thousands of beautiful trees.

Actually I saw pictures of the construction, it is fake. Just like the crap people put on their floors.

Hmmm...according to Wikipedia, something like 3,300,000 board feet of wood was used in the construction, and most of the exterior utilized pine.

Even if it were all fake, the area was cleared of heaps of shag ark trees before an endangered species of Indiana bats could migrate there to nest. So much habitat loss for the sake of pseudoscience.
Formerly Loom from TTA (rip)

~Ignorance is not to be ignored.~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bailing out a sinking Ark Cyberman 3 943 December 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Godlesspanther