Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bailing out a sinking Ark
Bailing out a sinking Ark
City seeks to jump-start stalled Ark Encounter park with $62 million 'junk' bond offering

Quote:A planned amusement park in Grant County featuring a life-size Noah's Ark is two years and millions of dollars behind schedule, but now it's getting more civic help: a $62 million bond issue being offered by the city of Williamstown.

The city, which has already granted the project a 75 percent break in property taxes over 30 years, won't have to repay the bonds, according to the bond-offering documents. That's good, experts say, because the bonds are not rated, which makes them speculative, or "junk" bonds, said Gene Gard of Dupree Mutual Funds in Lexington.

The taxable bonds are backed by future revenues from the project, which organizers believe will attract more than 1 million visitors in the first year.

[. . .]

The preliminary bond offering documents for the Ark Encounter project list 39 risks for those who buy the bonds, from animals getting sick to possible lawsuits over the constitutionality of a religious project receiving federal and state money.

Well, a fool and your money are soon partners I suppose.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Bailing out a sinking Ark
I just knew it would be Kentucky or Texas.
I look forward to future heckling.
I read that the Creation Museum is losing ground by way of fewer and fewer visitors each year. I'm guessing the the ark will never be completed. The future for the creation museum will be similar to the of Jim and Tammy Bakker's Heritage USA.

Hopefully Ken Ham will go the same way. We know that he's dirty. He's dirty as the fly who licks and caresses the plump end of a dog turd in the back yard.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aiders of the Lost Ark LinuxGal 1 755 November 26, 2022 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6947 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Beware of Sinking Arks! Minimalist 14 1200 October 25, 2018 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A question about the crew and passengers on the Ark. Gawdzilla Sama 68 6936 September 16, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Questions about noah ark king krish 210 47900 April 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 5027 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Best Noah's Ark Video Ever Shuffle 7 2686 September 16, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why Did Uzzah Die For Touching the Ark? Nope 167 37340 July 13, 2015 at 8:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Ken Ham's ark. Jacob(smooth) 87 15971 January 10, 2015 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!! Revelation777 794 161144 July 30, 2014 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire