Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chromecast 2 problems
chromecast 2 problems
Hey,

Just wanted to check if anyone ever had a problem like this, and if they knew how to fix it.

The gf and I bought a chromecast 2 yesterday. But it wouldn't connect to our wifi. I went to change it at the shop, thinking it might be broken, but the new one has the same problem.
I tried activating it through my laptop and I could get to the final stage in which it has to connect to the wifi. Sadly it can't connect. It always fails. 

I wouldn't bother you guys with this, but the information you can find online and any 'helpdesk' is sorely lacking.

I'm going to try installing it and activating it through my gf's iphone instead of my laptop, because my iphone is hopelessly outdated for this kind of thing. But we already tried that once yesterday and the result was confusing at best. Plus, I'd have to call up my sister to get our shared netflix switching screens to her cellphone instead of my hp-laptop, which is a bother.

Any advice?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
RE: chromecast 2 problems
Technology be hard. Much in the same way *hisses* math can be.
Check that your router is delivering 2.4Ghz channels not just 5Ghz by logging into 192.168.1.1 (type that into your search bar) then admin/admin etc. If that is not the correct IP address it will be printed on the back of the router.
Some people have had problems with 5Ghz.

(October 28, 2018 at 6:47 am)Kit Wrote: Technology be hard. Much in the same way *hisses* math can be.

Uuummmmm!!!! Maths. I love it. But I am not sure about math. What is that?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(October 28, 2018 at 7:04 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Uuummmmm!!!! Maths. I love it. But I am not sure about math. What is that?

The grammatically correct abbreviation would be math. For you see, maths would imply that the word is "mathsematics".
(October 28, 2018 at 7:24 am)Kit Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 7:04 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Uuummmmm!!!! Maths. I love it. But I am not sure about math. What is that?

The grammatically correct abbreviation would be math. For you see, maths would imply that the word is "mathsematics".

Alternatively, maths as an abbreviation of mathematics (all of the sums) and math an abbreviation of mathematic (only a single, solitary, very lonely sum).
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(October 28, 2018 at 7:30 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Alternatively, maths as an abbreviation of mathematics (all of the sums) and math an abbreviation of mathematic (only a single, solitary, very lonely sum).

Quick on the draw, I like that.
(October 28, 2018 at 7:32 am)Kit Wrote:
(October 28, 2018 at 7:30 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Alternatively, maths as an abbreviation of mathematics (all of the sums) and math an abbreviation of mathematic (only a single, solitary, very lonely sum).

Quick on the draw, I like that.

Thankyou. I'm going to Puerto de la Cruz now. I'm also good at non sequiturs.

(October 28, 2018 at 7:04 am)pgrimes15 Wrote: Check that your router is delivering 2.4Ghz channels not just 5Ghz by logging into 192.168.1.1 (type that into your search bar) then admin/admin etc. If that is not the correct IP address it will be printed on the back of the router.
Some people have had problems with 5Ghz.

(October 28, 2018 at 6:47 am)Kit Wrote: Technology be hard. Much in the same way *hisses* math can be.

Uuummmmm!!!! Maths. I love it. But I am not sure about math. What is that?

Already checked The gh. It'd one of The only things i could find about online. But it's 2.4.
Thanks anyway.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(October 28, 2018 at 6:44 am)Mr.Obvious Wrote: Any advice?

Do you get an error message?
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(October 28, 2018 at 6:44 am)Mr.Obvious Wrote: Hey,

Just wanted to check if anyone ever had a problem like this, and if they knew how to fix it.

The gf and I bought a chromecast 2 yesterday. But it wouldn't connect to our wifi. I went to change it at the shop, thinking it might be broken, but the new one has the same problem.
I tried activating it through my laptop and I could get to the final stage in which it has to connect to the wifi. Sadly it can't connect. It always fails. 

I wouldn't bother you guys with this, but the information you can find online and any 'helpdesk' is sorely lacking.

I'm going to try installing it and activating it through my gf's iphone instead of my laptop, because my iphone is hopelessly outdated for this kind of thing. But we already tried that once yesterday and the result was confusing at best. Plus, I'd have to call up my sister to get our shared netflix switching screens to her cellphone instead of my hp-laptop, which is a bother.

Any advice?

I had similar difficulty installling mine through the computer. It couldn't find it. So I used my tablet to activate and setup the ChromeCast, and that worked fine. Once it has been set up, I have no trouble casting to it from the computer.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else having "adblock" Firefox problems? Foxaèr 16 4594 August 20, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Can anyone help me with some bbpress problems and customization? Gambit 0 1758 June 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Gambit