Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone help me with some bbpress problems and customization?
Can anyone help me with some bbpress problems and customization?
I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am trying help a friend to format url's in a forum, so that each thread has a unique name, with the path reading as follows:

mywebsite/forums/topicname/thread name

So the topic name could be "Beatles" or "Stones" in the above case, yet the thread name is "favourites" in both cases.

Currently the url is being created as:

mywebsite/forums/topic/thread name

So, if I have two threads with the same name but under different sub forums/topics, the second thread is created with a number at the end, like so:

mywebsite/forums/topic/thread name-2

I believe I have to change the code in mod_rewrite, however, I can't find a tutorial that explains it in terms I can understand. I'm pretty sure I could do this on my own, with the help of such a tutorial, if it exists. Or, if it wouldn't be too much of a job for someone to show me an example of how the code looks, and where the changes need to be made, I could take it from there.

I'll probably have other questions on the general topic of customizing the forum, if anyone is willing to lend a hand. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, however, I can tinker around and generally pick things up quickly, once they are explained to me. Any takers?

Donkey chin, in advance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the bandwidth of the Switch and Wii U CPU's? Mechaghostman2 1 375 March 11, 2020 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  chromecast 2 problems Mr.Obvious 14 922 October 28, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Youtube and gmail... Help! Cyberman 9 1602 October 3, 2015 at 7:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Anyone else having "adblock" Firefox problems? Foxaèr 16 4639 August 20, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Can anyone help beta test my webcam app? Tiberius 2 1772 April 26, 2013 at 9:20 am
Last Post: panda bear
  Can anyone help me? Erinome 8 4766 March 14, 2012 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Erinome