Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flossing
Flossing
Why do they constantly sat on tv shows that flossing is so important? You know like "You have to floss every day" or "I hate flossing but it's so important". I myself never ever flossed my teeth and yet I have never had a bad tooth or toothache. In the matter of fact I have all my teeth. The only secret is to brush your teeth every evening.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Flossing
(November 7, 2018 at 9:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Why do they constantly sat on tv shows that flossing is so important? You know like "You have to floss every day" or "I hate flossing but it's so important". I myself never ever flossed my teeth and yet I have never had a bad tooth or toothache. In the matter of fact I have all my teeth. The only secret is to brush your teeth every evening.

I floss a lot because I can't stand having bits of food caught between my teeth.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be2e4766f393177453d1fe6]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Pubic hairs stuck between the teeth always require flossing away. I floss three times a day.
(November 7, 2018 at 9:08 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Why do they constantly sat on tv shows that flossing is so important? You know like "You have to floss every day" or "I hate flossing but it's so important". I myself never ever flossed my teeth and yet I have never had a bad tooth or toothache. In the matter of fact I have all my teeth. The only secret is to brush your teeth every evening.

Talk to me again in 20 years. 

Wait, talk to someone else again in 20 years. They probably won't let you into the cadaver lab.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Brushing can miss the plaque or food that sits in the gap between the teeth, and that can lead to tooth decay. Thus the emphasis on flossing. While I'm glad for you, one counter-example does not demonstrate that flossing is not important.

Quote:The AP looked at data from 25 studies conducted over the past decade. The studies generally compared the use of a toothbrush alone with combined use of a toothbrush and floss.

Those studies concluded the evidence for flossing is "weak, very unreliable," of "very low" quality, and carries "a moderate to large potential for bias."

One review went further, saying that the "majority of available studies fail to demonstrate that flossing is generally effective in plaque removal," the AP reported. Another said there was only "inconsistent/weak evidence" for flossing and a "lack of efficacy."

(Web MD)
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 7, 2018 at 9:14 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Pubic hairs stuck between the teeth always require flossing away. I floss three times a day.

Huh  Pubic hair is the floss.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Ever watch shows like Game of Thrones, Rome - or other shows based on ancient history?

You never see a toothless old schmuck trying to gum a bowl of gruel.....

They all have perfect teeth.

That' s TV.

Not reality.
(November 7, 2018 at 5:39 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Ever watch shows like Game of Thrones, Rome - or other shows based on ancient history?

You never see a toothless old schmuck trying to gum a bowl of gruel.....

They all have perfect teeth.

That' s TV.

Not reality.

I can imagine that in GOT they use some sort of magic to clean their teeth.

When it comes to Rome and ancient history people didn't suffer so much from tooth decay since they didn't eat so much sugar as people do in the last few hundred years.

Not to mention that Native Americans practically didn't have any teeth problems at all, until Europeans came with their processed sugar foods.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

You probably have stank-breath, though, if you're not flossing.

-Teresa