Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Predictable As Day Following Night
As Predictable As Day Following Night
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11...na-russia/

Quote:US 'could lose a war against China or Russia' 

Quote:The United States could lose in a war against either China or Russia, defence officials have warned.

A report commissioned by Congress, and compiled by a dozen former top Democratic and Republican officials, suggested the US was facing a "military crisis" and would struggle to conduct more than one war at a time.

Uh-huh?  And pray tell, what is the solution.

Quote:The Pentagon's annual budget of more than $700 billion is far more than Russia and China combined, but it was still "clearly insufficient," the report warned.

Yeah... and....

Quote:The commission recommended an annual increase of three to five per cent in the defence budget. A Pentagon spokesman said: "It's a stark reminder of the gravity of these issues and a call to action."

Right.  No matter how much money we have it is never enough.  Give us more!

Fuck off.

This is like getting a million dollar collision policy on a 15 year old clunker.  It just isn't worth it.
RE: As Predictable As Day Following Night
Shameful. For the amount of money we're spending, we should be able to go kinetic against the entire world all at once, at least twenty times over.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The question is, what are they spending it on.

For example, the readiness rate for the F-35...which is a brand new plane...is a paltry 51%  That means the other 49% are "targets."
They're not spending it on pay, that's for sure.  That's why so many joes are under the thumb of payday lenders and smoking dirtweed so they don't strangle their wives in the middle of the night on accident.

(fuck an f-35, give me 35 cents and I'll do as much damage or more)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The Pentagon does not need to spend more money on weapons. What we need is to beef up our intel and cyber security
Perhaps the solution would be to not declare war with Russia or China...

I mean, at this moment in time we have good diplomatic relations with both despite recent history with them.

Maybe the whole Space Force concept was based on the idea that we're utterly unprepared for an alien invasion?
(November 15, 2018 at 5:48 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What we need is to beef up our  intel and cyber security

Careful what you wish for.

Recently Amazon announced it would build a new headquarters outside Washington DC. This is largely so it can get a huge government contract for a program called JEDI. Seriously, that's the name. 

JEDI will be the government's cloud computing and data storage. Meanwhile, it turns out that if you have an Amazon Alexa in your house, Amazon is storing recordings of every conversation you have at home. 

So basically, the main place we shop, owned by the same guy who owns the Washington Post, will be working with the government to gather and mine massive amounts of data, to watch over us. This is the definition of fascism: government and capital working together for total control. 

(And it confirms my belief that Star Wars is the government's most effective propaganda machine, intentionally or not. We are trained to root for and identify with the likable rebels, while our own government, to whom we pay our taxes, acts exactly like the Star Wars evil empire. We are massaged into believing we are the good guys, while we are really the bad guys. JEDI just rubs it in.)
Quote:Perhaps the solution would be to not declare war with Russia or China...

Such a silly idea.  How can the generals and admirals get more stars without a war every generation or so?
(November 15, 2018 at 6:33 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Perhaps the solution would be to not declare war with Russia or China...

I mean, at this moment in time we have good diplomatic relations with both despite recent history with them.

Maybe the whole Space Force concept was based on the idea that we're utterly unprepared for an alien invasion?

This.

This was my first thought.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 15, 2018 at 7:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Perhaps the solution would be to not declare war with Russia or China...

Such a silly idea.  How can the generals and admirals get more stars without a war every generation or so?

By productive action in NATO sanctioned peacekeeping operations, ofc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I picked up this months Nat Geo last night... GUBU 18 4063 January 6, 2018 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So, late last night, Minimalist 2 1007 August 8, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist