Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God
God
What's your definition of god?
RE: God
Tall, dark, handsome, with broad shoulders, a luscious bubble butt, and a big dick.

Naughty
(November 17, 2018 at 5:41 am)Azu Wrote: What's your definition of god?

That's for the people to believe to tell us isn't.

They all seem to be different.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The culmination of humankind's arrogance, fear, and hatred.
In this respect, I'm ignostic.  The term 'God' has no meaningful, coherent, or unambiguous definition. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Mythical until proven otherwise.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 17, 2018 at 5:43 am)Kit Wrote: Tall, dark, handsome, with broad shoulders, a luscious bubble butt, and a big dick.  

Naughty

And any (non-godly) human can be like that. So define what is 'god'.

(November 17, 2018 at 5:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

That's for the people to believe to tell us isn't.

They all seem to be different.

Why are beliefs in god apparently all different?

(November 17, 2018 at 5:55 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In this respect, I'm ignostic.  The term 'God' has no meaningful, coherent, or unambiguous definition. 

Boru

What is 'ignostic'. Why does the term have no meaningful, coherent or unambiguous definition?

(November 17, 2018 at 5:58 am)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Mythical until proven otherwise.

Why is god mythical until proven otherwise?
Quote:Imaginary friends  Gods (also known as pretend friends or invisible friends) are a psychological and social phenomenon where a friendship or other interpersonal relationship takes place in the imagination rather than external physical reality. [...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_friend
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(November 17, 2018 at 6:25 am)Azu Wrote: And any (non-godly) human can be like that. So define what is 'god'.

Whatever I personally want him to be.

Including:

I don't have anything specific. I leave it up to theists to define for me their god, and then respond from there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19322 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie