Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creative Analogy Game
Creative Analogy Game
Here's an easy game:

1. Define a topic
2. state your perspective on it with a creative analogy
3. someone else quotes your analogy with their own analogy of the topic from their perspective
4. That other person states a new topic with an analogy
5. rinse and repeat, topics may be reused

Topic: Family Dinners

Analogy: Our family dinners are like an eating competition, the fastest one to eat gets the prize of not cleaning up and gets to go back to playing games.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Creative Analogy Game
Family dinners at my house are like piranhas (the ones you see on tv, not the real ones) feasting on a corpse. We're always done in five minutes, no matter how long it took the corpse to reach the table.

Buying Fresh Vegetables in Bulk

Buying vegetables is like burning your money, because you might as well.
Find fresh vegetables in bulk is animal cruelty
If vegetarians love animals so much why do you steal all their food.

Eating hot pockets

Like a lab experiment. You test every 5 minutes to see a gradient scale from nuclear to probably won’t cause a blister
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Eating hot pockets is like being a donut. When you’re done, you’re full of carbs and grease.

Going to bed

Going to bed is like watching a movie past your 20s, you never know if you’ll fall asleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creative Insults onlinebiker 33 1563 August 9, 2020 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Analogy thread dyresand 9 915 March 12, 2016 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Creative Puppy Name Suggestions brewer 59 7990 September 7, 2015 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman