Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: August 23, 2019, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explain the Math - Must Be Rocket Scientist to Participate.
Explain the Math - Must Be Rocket Scientist to Participate.
At a dinner table several women were having bagels.  There were exactly 2 mothers.  There were exactly 2 daughters.  Each person had exactly 1 bagel each (doesn't matter whole or sliced and they ate the whole thing). Altogether they consumed precisely 3 bagels.  Explain how this could've happened.

First person to get it wins a box of kittens with gold collars.
RE: Explain the Math - Must Be Rocket Scientist to Participate.
(December 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: At a dinner table several women were having bagels.  There were exactly 2 mothers.  There were exactly 2 daughters.  Each person had exactly 1 bagel each (doesn't matter whole or sliced and they ate the whole thing). Altogether they consumed precisely 3 bagels.  Explain how this could've happened.

3 generations: grandmother, mother, daughter
although technically there are 3 daughters and 2 moms in that situation

No kittens and I pass (assuming that's the answer you were seeking)
Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
Grand mother, grand mother's daughter, grand daughter.

Um......... which is the MILF?

Edit: Ninja'd

(December 2, 2018 at 9:01 pm)unfogged Wrote: 3 generations: grandmother, mother, daughter

Not if the grandmother is Caitlyn Jenner.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
Grandmother better get on the pill to stop having more grandkids!
(December 2, 2018 at 9:01 pm)unfogged Wrote:
(December 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: At a dinner table several women were having bagels.  There were exactly 2 mothers.  There were exactly 2 daughters.  Each person had exactly 1 bagel each (doesn't matter whole or sliced and they ate the whole thing). Altogether they consumed precisely 3 bagels.  Explain how this could've happened.

3 generations: grandmother, mother, daughter

That is right.  And technically you are correct as well.  I should've sharpened that bit a little more.  Well done.

I try to write these knowing people will always look for a loophole answer.  That's why I said "whole bagel" or people would've started splitting bagels to figure it out  Smile
[Image: 2o0cg1.jpg]
[Image: ak_botan_saionji_005.jpg]
There were four, each with a bagel, but one was murdered when she went to the bathroom before eating.

The others ate, thinking she was taking a long time, and will find her mutilated corpse when they look for her.
Sanity adjacent.

Angel

IMGUR 
I would have said that one of the mothers was pregnant with a future daughter and that said fetus absorbed the nutrients from her mother.
I was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad.

[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
(December 2, 2018 at 10:07 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: There were four, each with a bagel, but one was murdered when she went to the bathroom  before eating.

The others ate, thinking she was taking a long time, and will find her mutilated corpse when they look for her.

He said: "exactly 2 mothers and exactly 2 daughters"!

No fractions allowed! Big Grin
I guess I need to be a rocket scientist to see an actual problem with this.

Two mothers and two daughters, four people, have a bagel apiece. Altogether, they eat three of the four bagels. I see no issue. Unless you mean to say they each had three bagels, even though they started with 1 each?

I'm not a rocke scientist, ergo I don't understand the problem. still couldn't help but post anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math problem that is driving the Internet crazy Grandizer 36 436 August 14, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Can you cut a cake fairly to solve this middle school math problem? Whateverist 82 7892 August 7, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Why Do You Like Math? Kernel Sohcahtoa 33 3369 February 5, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Great math interaction site for "beginners" (algebra, geometry, even calculus) Grandizer 3 887 October 20, 2016 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Can you solve this 6th grade math problem? pocaracas 52 6067 August 15, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: wiploc
  Math Educations: who needs it, how much and when? Whateverist 49 9115 February 28, 2016 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Math suggestions Heat 25 3627 January 3, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  math tard, Help wyzas 39 5214 August 30, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Million Dollar Prize for Math proof of NP problems emilynghiem 6 2382 February 22, 2015 at 12:47 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Math help Natachan 8 2931 September 5, 2014 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Darkstar