Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill O'Reilly is a moron! Official.
Bill O'Reilly is a moron! Official.
Dave Silverman being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly when the latter astounded millions with the most ridiculous reasoning for his belief in God. See if you can spot it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BCipg71L...r_embedded
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Bill O'Reilly is a moron! Official.
Oh. I loved this.
I saw this on the Young Turks and I was wondering when it'd make it's way here.
I don't agree with O'Reily on many issues, being the conservative that he is, but this is honestly suprising that he'd utter something so stupid.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
"Tide goes in tide goes out" and he does not know why, what a dumb schmuck.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

downbeatplumb Wrote:"Tide goes in tide goes out" and he does not know why, what a dumb schmuck.

Holy Hell, If he doesn't know why the tide goes in and out, he should at least try and do some goddam research! I could find a site which explains it pretty well.

P.S. Gerry Rafferty died?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I'm sorry but...they're both idiots from where I'm standing. Big Grin
I don't know why it took this long to make a thread of this name.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
As a child, I could have told O'Riley why. In the 17th century, they could have told O'Riley why. Beyond this being a base appeal to ignorance, this is a display of monumental ignorance.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Watson Wrote:I'm sorry but...they're both idiots from where I'm standing. Big Grin

I am not a fan of Bill's theology, but I did like it how he called Silverman on claiming there were "tons" of billboards telling atheists they were going to hell, however when pressed he couldn't give any examples.

Statler Waldorf;113274 Wrote:
Watson Wrote:I'm sorry but...they're both idiots from where I'm standing. Big Grin

I am not a fan of Bill's theology, but I did like it how he called Silverman on claiming there were "tons" of billboards telling atheists they were going to hell, however when pressed he couldn't give any examples.

Well, here are photographs of two examples. They may not necessarily be singling out atheists, but the intent is clear. In addition, there's this. And there's a few more on this page (note: the billboards are two-thirds of the way down the page, and the first one actually does single out atheists, and is reproduced below).

[Image: atheist_billboard.jpg]

What was that about there not being anti-atheist billboards?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Rev. Rye;113275 Wrote:[Image: atheist_billboard.jpg]

What was that about there not being anti-atheist billboards?
To think that billboard could have been used to advertise a Big Mac, only to be molested by those words in that order. I weep for its wasted potential.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo The Official Meme Battleground Foxaèr 12 1394 September 3, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2543 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  The First Official AF Community Photo Event Foxaèr 30 2866 April 25, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  POV on Bill Nye brewer 5 1100 April 19, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bill Maher - Last Night Minimalist 16 1678 April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: henryp
  Bill Maher - Trump Christmas Carol Minimalist 1 406 November 18, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  O'reilly Flops In Baltimore Minimalist 14 1481 September 25, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bill Nye Saves the World SteelCurtain 9 2923 May 16, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: mediocrates
  Bill Maher Goes After Apple...and Corporate Crooks... Minimalist 10 1784 September 24, 2016 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Bill Maher Sticks It Up The Trickle-Downers Asses Minimalist 3 698 July 2, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0