Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God will hire a barber/razor
God will hire a barber/razor
Can someone elaborate the story in Isaiah 7:20 about Yahweh borrowing razor to shave pubic hair? Tq

In that day the Lord will use a razor hired from beyond the Euphrates River--the king of Assyria--to shave your heads and private parts, and to cut off your beards also.
Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them (Quran  55:56, Mushin)
RE: God will hire a barber/razor
(January 14, 2019 at 3:26 am)yragnitup Wrote: Can someone elaborate the story in Isaiah 7:20 about Yahweh borrowing razor to shave pubic hair? Tq

In that day the Lord will use a razor hired from beyond the Euphrates River--the king of Assyria--to shave your heads and private parts, and to cut off your beards also.

It's a metaphor for God using Assyrian military power to punish Judea for transgressions.  The removal of body hair is generally understood to mean that the Assyrians will strip Judea of all wealth and carry off the most important people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I doubt it' s metaphorical..

The fucker wants all the guys to cut off the end of their dick.

Compared to that, shaving your nuts is no big deal...

Wacky
(January 14, 2019 at 9:57 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I doubt it' s metaphorical..

Wacky

No, it's clearly a metaphor - any biblical passage that looks utterly stupid is conveniently explained away as a metaphor.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 14, 2019 at 3:26 am)yragnitup Wrote: Can someone elaborate the story in Isaiah 7:20 about Yahweh borrowing razor to shave pubic hair? Tq

the king of Assyria—to shave your head and private parts, and to cut off your beard also.

The king of Assyria is God's barber who will "cut their hair" meaning humiliate them and leave them defenseless.
(January 14, 2019 at 11:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 14, 2019 at 9:57 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I doubt it' s metaphorical..

Wacky

No, it's clearly a metaphor - any biblical passage that looks utterly stupid is conveniently explained away as a metaphor.

Boru

Ahhh..

Cover to cover metaphor eh????
[Image: god-shave-the-queen_o_301006.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Easy, god's a dick!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12438 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6701 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad