Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian advertising..
Christian advertising..
I've spent a lot of time browsing different atheist sites. From forums to blogs and most of these have been of the free advertising based variety.

One thing that I have noticed is the vast number of 'Christian' and 'Creationist' adverts hosts on these sites, mostly provided by google.

Now, perhaps this post is better off in the Conspiracy thread but is it possible that there is some sort of right-wing Christian faction of google that looks for these sort of sites and deliberately targets them.

Perhaps that's really obvious and I've only just noticed it.

When I look at the 'free' Christian sites they are not bombarded with Atheist adverts. In fact they have the same Christian rubbish that the Atheist sites have. Rubbish like AnswersinGenisis and The Atheists Riddle and so on...

And if I'm right, is there anything we can do about it? It's true that Atheists tend not to organise themselves in the same way as the faithful but isn't it about time we did otherwise we risk damaging our society due only to our apathy..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Christian advertising..
It'll be because there actually *are* christian adverts and the site will be talking about religion so they will be flagged up as relevant.
Well, Christians have the funding so they can afford to advertise. I agree that we should try to do something however, I don't think that we will achieve much to be honest.
Yeah its down to revenue. These guys have big bucks and can afford the google ads. The various atheist orgs, even the professional ones don't have the same kind of money.

Ity's because we're to mean, sinful and selfish to contribute!
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
With door to door jehovas, evangelical preachers, TV shows, radio stations, churches, people shouting on the street you're worried about small irrelevent adverts?
I get a few complaints when people come to my blog and see "Muslim Dating" adverts. Same thing happened when I wrote an article about Expelled and an advert for Expelled was shown right next to it.

Stupid Google.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists Against Advertising The_Flying_Skeptic 10 2704 August 4, 2011 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  advertising atheism on the sides of buses...good idea? bozo 77 27275 July 21, 2010 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Super Cynic