Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Moron of the Day"
"Moron of the Day"
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2011/...he_day.php
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: "Moron of the Day"
thesummerqueen Wrote:http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2011/...he_day.php

I don't know what's worse. The fact that this moron is that stupid or the fact that a majority of idiots somewhere elected this moron into office to help run this country.

We're all doomed.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:
thesummerqueen Wrote:http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2011/...he_day.php

I don't know what's worse. The fact that this moron is that stupid or the fact that a majority of idiots somewhere elected this moron into office to help run this country.

We're all doomed.

The moron wasn't an elected official but a spectator in the gallery. Citizens can observe congress on the floor from a gallery above. I've been there myself watching the show. As with any theater, you're not supposed to scream anything.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
DeistPaladin Wrote:The moron wasn't an elected official but a spectator in the gallery. Citizens can observe congress on the floor from a gallery above. I've been there myself watching the show. As with any theater, you're not supposed to scream anything.

Hmm. I must be confusing this incident from the last time a senator actually screamed something during a Presidential speech to the congress. (When Senator Joe Wilson shouted "You Lie!")
Either way, I've never been to DC, so that's something I never knew.

That's a little faith in humanity that's been restored.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I'm still facepalming. These people are rigodamndiculous.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
At least she didnt bring her gun along.
From over the pond it seems like thats how you americans sort out your differences.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:Hmm. I must be confusing this incident from the last time a senator actually screamed something during a Presidential speech to the congress. (When Senator Joe Wilson shouted "You Lie!")

The incident you mention about Wilson was shocking. It's never happened in our country's history before. The man should have resigned or at the very least, been censured by the Congress and forced to give a public apology. Instead, he got away with a private apology to the president.

It would be interesting to find out if the woman who screamed during a congressional session was arrested for disturbing the peace. It would be an example of one standard of justice for a common person, a different one for a congress person.

Different countries have their own rules for how a congressional-parliamentary session is conducted. I understand in Britain, the audience or representatives can yell back at the speaker all the time.
downbeatplumb Wrote:At least she didnt bring her gun along.
From over the pond it seems like thats how you americans sort out your differences.

In Arizona, someone did bring their gun. He attempted to shoot a congresswoman and ended up killing and wounding a dozen others, including an eight year old girl. Sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40996934/ns/...nd_courts/
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
DeistPaladin Wrote:
TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote:Hmm. I must be confusing this incident from the last time a senator actually screamed something during a Presidential speech to the congress. (When Senator Joe Wilson shouted "You Lie!")

The incident you mention about Wilson was shocking. It's never happened in our country's history before. The man should have resigned or at the very least, been censured by the Congress and forced to give a public apology. Instead, he got away with a private apology to the president.

It would be interesting to find out if the woman who screamed during a congressional session was arrested for disturbing the peace. It would be an example of one standard of justice for a common person, a different one for a congress person.

Different countries have their own rules for how a congressional-parliamentary session is conducted. I understand in Britain, the audience or representatives can yell back at the speaker all the time.

The English parliamentary benches are two sword lengths apart, harking back to the old days when people brought their weapons into parliament and arguments turned nasty.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'll see your moron & raise you this guy.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Wilson was not a senator...merely a congressman from the nutball state of South Carolina...that's to make Summer feel better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thanks for Saddling Us With This Moron, Snowflakes Minimalist 19 1082 June 7, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Highest Rank of "Moron" Minimalist 2 429 October 10, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37