Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the madness continues...
And the madness continues...
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona...index.html

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: And the madness continues...
Exactly the kind of publicity they seek.

Never fails.
The Westboro Baptist Church is nothing but a bunch of vile, despicable assholes. Yes, "God" hates the USA because we tolerate gays. What kind of fucked up mindset even conceives of such idiocy?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Thor Wrote:The Westboro Baptist Church is nothing but a bunch of vile, despicable assholes. Yes, "God" hates the USA because we tolerate gays. What kind of fucked up mindset even conceives of such idiocy?

A devoutly religious one.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

downbeatplumb Wrote:
Thor Wrote:The Westboro Baptist Church is nothing but a bunch of vile, despicable assholes. Yes, "God" hates the USA because we tolerate gays. What kind of fucked up mindset even conceives of such idiocy?

A devoutly religious one.

Very true! You don't see atheists running around protesting funerals and holding up disgusting signs.

And they have the gall to ask about OUR morality!?!?

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
thesummerqueen Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona...index.html

It seems like a reasonable law. I'm surprised it wasn't passed before now.

I wish they would protest in my home town. I already have a plan. Put on a clown suit, put together a parody sign in their style with the three colors, and the sign would read, "God hates figs! Mark 11:14. Come Hither or Wither!"

The scripture reference would be to this part of the Bible:

Quote:Book of Mark
11:12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
[ ... ]
11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

The lesson here is that God hates figs! Jesus rebuked the tree saying that no man should eat of that fruit ever again. And yet, we, as Americans, tolerate fig eaters and how they continue their disgusting lifestyle despite a clear commandment from the Lord Almighty. Consequently, Jesus is killing our troops overseas, just as the Lord did in the days of the OT when he would allow foreign nations to conquer the Israelites whenever they had strayed from the path. But if we harken unto the Lord yatta yatta yatta...

I would call myself Phelpsey the Clown.

No, no, God hates figs! FIGS!
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Pictures, or it didn't happen, DP. That's all I'm saying. Tongue

Not that it helps the situation one bit but it would sure make me feel a lot better to beat the ever living fuck out of a few of them. You know, so they feel on the outside the way they make these people feel on the inside. Self-righteous cunt pickles.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
thesummerqueen Wrote:Pictures, or it didn't happen, DP. That's all I'm saying. Tongue

Not that it helps the situation one bit but it would sure make me feel a lot better to beat the ever living fuck out of a few of them. You know, so they feel on the outside the way they make these people feel on the inside. Self-righteous cunt pickles.

Are you kidding? There'll be a YouTube video of me protesting in my clown suit with "looney tunes" or "clown" music playing in the background.

These people thrive on hate. What they can't stand is being laughed at. That would be my point. I'd be seeking to dilute the hate by getting people to associate them with being the goofy clowns they are. Don't hate "us" (I'd be trying to protest at their side), point an laugh. Naturally, my face will be covered and I'll be speaking in a squeeky clown voice so the association won't rub off on me.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

The sad thing is that the Westboro Baptist church are firmly in the tradition of the church before the scientific revolution and enlightenment Sad
undefined
ziggystardust Wrote:

The sad thing is that the Westboro Baptist church are firmly in the tradition of the church before the scientific revolution and enlightenment Sad

What really bothers me about these morons is that they bring their young children to these protests and have them hold up signs saying "GOD HATES FAGS!". These kids don't even know what the signs mean!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The WLB's Bad Day Continues Minimalist 0 459 November 7, 2017 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why America continues to sanction the Iranian people's Internet and e-commerce? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 2 1194 March 2, 2016 at 5:04 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5264 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Republican civil war continues: Chris Cristie TaraJo 11 5573 January 5, 2013 at 10:33 am
  Romney continues to use well known lies in ads Aroura 3 1804 November 5, 2012 at 5:34 pm