Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican civil war continues: Chris Cristie
Republican civil war continues: Chris Cristie
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chris-chr...OchDW_3jaQ

I just love how he's calling out his own party. I'm also delighted to see that there are some Republicans out there who get it and are abandoning those extremist, hard-line stances and are putting their fucking job ahead of party loyalty. I wish we had more like that.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Republican civil war continues: Chris Cristie
Quote: I'm also delighted to see that there are some Republicans out there who get it and are abandoning those extremist, hard-line stances

They will be primaried by the nut jobs and defeated.

You can't fix crazy any more than you can fix stupid. Both republican problems.
(January 4, 2013 at 3:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: I'm also delighted to see that there are some Republicans out there who get it and are abandoning those extremist, hard-line stances

They will be primaried by the nut jobs and defeated.

If they primary out Cristie, the next governor of New Jersey will be a Democrat. New Jersey is a pretty reliably blue state and there's no way they'll be able to get a far-right nut-job elected there in a state wide election.

Congressional seats are another story, especially the House of Representatives. Both parties are gerimandering the districts not so that they can get a better idea on what the population as a whole wants, but instead they're drawn up to benefit one party or the other. So, when the general election comes up, if you're running for office in a district that's over 60% Republican, and you're a Republican, the only way you can possibly lose is if you lose the primary (and remember how batshit crazy the Republicans were during the primaries?). That fills th House with extremists who have to remain radical or they won't get re-elected.

I swear, there are times I want us to all just scrap the entire Republic we have now and start over. I see way too many flaws that need to be fixed.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
No, no. Christie has no problem in New Jersey.

But when the tea bagging shits get hold of him in the south and western primaries for 2016 he'll just be a fat, guinea from New Jersey who is for gun control/abortion for rape/incest/and mosques near ground zero, who hugged Obama and yelled at other republicunts.

By the time they get through with him, he'll be a democrat.
I am also glad for the Progressives in the Democratic Party who are attacking Obama on his unacceptable appeasements towards the Republicans, K Street, and Wall Street.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(January 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No, no. Christie has no problem in New Jersey.

But when the tea bagging shits get hold of him in the south and western primaries for 2016 he'll just be a fat, guinea from New Jersey who is for gun control/abortion for rape/incest/and mosques near ground zero, who hugged Obama and yelled at other republicunts.

By the time they get through with him, he'll be a democrat.

Oh come on! I hope the democrat's standards are higher than that.
The bat shit crazy ones are the GOP. Everyone else may as well be a democrat.
(January 5, 2013 at 12:02 am)Minimalist Wrote: The bat shit crazy ones are the GOP. Everyone else may as well be a democrat.

AKA the GOP under Bush Sr.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Bush Sr. was a genius compared to his idiot son.
(January 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm)Polaris Wrote: I am also glad for the Progressives in the Democratic Party who are attacking Obama on his unacceptable appeasements towards the Republicans, K Street, and Wall Street.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I also understand that when our political system forces you to negotiate with crazies, you're forced to either accomplish nothing or do some things you don't really want to. Another part of me wonders if we would have been better off had we simply refused to argue with them and just went over the fiscal cliff.

And, yes, the Republican part of just 20 years ago is nothing like what we have now. I mean, the fuckin' Democrats are actually able to quote Ronald Reagan in defense of their policies!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 495 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1571 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3281 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 756 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 285 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 914 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 926 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 594 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 956 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold