Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dude, Where's My Tiger?
Dude, Where's My Tiger?
On a serious note, TIGERS ARE NOT PETS! 

But, imagine if you are looking for a place to smoke pot, and you see this.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47210466

I'll give credit to the person who reported it. They could have simply let the cat die because I guess in that state pot is still not legal. But that person had to have been thinking, "Holy shit this is some strong stuff."

RE: Dude, Where's My Tiger?
Stupid humans. Tiger cubs are adorable, but

"The trouble with a kitten is that
it soon becomes a cat."
(February 13, 2019 at 9:05 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Stupid humans. Tiger cubs are adorable, but

"The trouble with a kitten is that
it soon becomes a cat."

There was a show on Animal Planet, a reenactment show based on real police and ER reports called, "Fatal Attractions". I liked that show, not because of the graphic nature of it, but because it was the same message, "Wild Animals are not pets.'.

One lady thought it was a good idea to own a cobra...... DEAD.

Another guy kept 3 Komodo dragons....... Not only dead, but partially eaten.

But I am sure many remember that national story a few years ago where the lady had her face ripped off by the adult chimp.
They might not be pets - but they make a nice bedspread or throw rug.

Hilarious
(February 13, 2019 at 9:31 am)onlinebiker Wrote: They might not be pets - but they make a nice bedspread or throw rug.

Hilarious

Reminds me of the guy who had a very fancy bedspread, decorated with tattoos he'd cut off dead people.
Yah, I know right!

The traffic here has been etting worse for ages!

Having a Tiger to be able to ust push/crush things out of your way....

Uhm..

Oh, wait.....

Blush
(February 13, 2019 at 10:39 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Yah, I know right!

The traffic here has been etting worse for ages!

Having a Tiger to be able to ust push/crush things out of your way....

Uhm..

Oh, wait.....

Blush

Just don't try to drive it across a country bridge that was designed in the 14th C. Tut Tut
Didn't someone just steal a monkey from a zoo?

Camon people, there are enough pets out there that need care. Stop feeding your fucked up ego.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 13, 2019 at 10:55 am)wyzas Wrote: Didn't someone just steal a monkey from a zoo?

Camon people, there are enough pets out there that need care. Stop feeding your fucked up ego.

Some days you feed the tiger - some days the tiger feeds on you.

Heh
This kind of thing is why there is a need for big cat rescues like the one right outside of the town where I live.

Of course, one reason is for the rescues of big cats kept at 'roadside attractions' where often the animals are kept in abysmal conditions. Many of these cats have been underfed, aren't given veterinary care, and are often declawed. Before and after pictures are amazing but making those changes take a lot of work, dedication, and money.

The other 'source' of these animals seems to come from people who thing having an exotic animal is a cool thing but fail to think about the fact that these cats will grow to enormous size and require a tremendous amount of care. In the last couple years there have been several new residents at the rescue who where either seized, found, or surrendered who were pretty young so that shows that people still seem to think it's okay to bring home a tiger or lion cub.

Zoos often can't take on these animals as they need special care and haven't been socialized to reside with other cats. The last three taken in here were all young and were able to be moved in together after being introduced to one another under strict supervision and after appropriate medical care.

While the rescue is a wonderful place, it's not where these animals belong.

In case you are interested: https://www.insyncexotics.org/

Check out the Jedi Boys if you go to the site...they are the three young ones who came from different places and have been moved into the same enclosure. Funds are being raised to build them a pool of their own.

I wonder if this tiger found in Houston will end up here in North Texas.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dude it's called a condom BrokenQuill92 10 1252 July 19, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: luka