Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s?
Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s?
I think so.

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/31/522036660...s-election

I used to work in gun sales. When pro- gun people see the ( D )s " getting into power" - they buy more guns and ammo.

Evidence? Ammo shortages - like the one that ended a year or so ago - only happen during periods where the ( D )s have the appearance of having a chance of passing anti- gun legislation. Just before, and during the Clinton administration - I watched guns and ammo getting sold at a frenzied pace. I would say this is the period where private ownership of military looking guns soared. They simply weren't that popular before the 1990' s. 

So?

I guess if you' re against " flooding the market with guns" - the best thing you can do is a straight ticket vote - for the ( R )s.

Big Grin
RE: Do ( D )s sell more guns than ( R )s?
LOL The Republicans would allow the already lax gun laws to lapse, making the problem worse.

AND you have the cart before the horse. The reason gun sales go up during Democrat administration is the relentless fear mongering of the NRA puppets.
(February 13, 2019 at 8:48 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I think so.

https://www.npr.org/2017/03/31/522036660...s-election

I used to work in gun sales. When pro- gun people see the ( D )s " getting into power" - they buy more guns and ammo.

Evidence? Ammo shortages - like the one that ended a year or so ago - only happen during periods where the ( D )s have the appearance of having a chance of passing anti- gun legislation. Just before, and during the Clinton administration - I watched guns and ammo getting sold at a frenzied pace. I would say this is the period where private ownership of military looking guns soared. They simply weren't that popular before the 1990' s. 

So?

I guess if you' re against " flooding the market with guns" - the best thing you can do is a straight ticket vote - for the ( R )s.

Big Grin

While it is true that democrats are legally allowed to own guns, and also true you'll find more agreement with democrats in red states agreeing with republicans in red states on firearms, the industry and NRA profit lobby have paid far more money to republican politicians to push their agenda, than they give democratic politicians. To imply voting R would be the answer is absurd. 

It still amounts to one industry and one lobby holding congress hostage. And yes, I do want to wipe that sarcastic smile emotocon off your post. I do not find the amount of firearm violence funny one bit. 

Needlessly scaring the shit out of right wingers does work, but only for an agenda, and profit of one industry. It does not do a damned thing for public safety or reducing firearm injuries and deaths.

The fear marketing does work, but it is not funny nor anything Americans should be proud of.  An average of 100 of our fellow citizens die every day because of use of a firearm.
And here we go again - overlook the evidence - vote partisan.

Did you read the attached story?

Gun sales are DOWN since Trump got elected.

Isn't that what you want? LESS GUN SALES??

No - what you want is to ignore the unintended consequences of your actions - and keep voting ( D ).

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
The trouble here is that d's have, traditionally, been absolute garbage when it comes to framing issues and wasteful when it comes to exerting their power.  That's the winds that fills the r's sails.  Voting for r's would be a particularly hilarious example on the running theme of d's doing shit that doesn't actually effect gun violence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 9:40 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: The trouble here is that d's have, traditionally, been absolute garbage when it comes tvo framing issues and wasteful when it comes to exerting their power.  That's the winds that fills the r's sails.  Voting for r's would be a particularly hilarious example on the running theme of d's doing shit that doesn't actually effect gun violence.

Yes and no.

Would switching to voting ( R ) reduce gun violence?

Probably not.

Would it reduce gun sales?

History shows it likely.

Is that a good solution?

Bwaaahahahahaha

No. 

Only a fool thinks voting for one party is a solution.
It would be unlikely to reduce gun sales, since those upticks in gun sales are argued to be an artifact of batshit reaction to perceived political opposition.  If everyone started voting r, there would be no opposition to scare the living shit out of the dolts in the first place. Gun sales would remain static, not increase or decrease. This, ofc, has no effect whatsoever on gun crime today, there's a lag between the sale of a new gun and it's appearing in trace data.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 13, 2019 at 9:26 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And here we go again - overlook the evidence - vote partisan.

Did you read the attached story?

Gun sales are DOWN since Trump got elected.

Isn't that what you want? LESS GUN SALES??

No - what you want is to ignore the unintended consequences of your actions - and keep voting ( D ).

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
You have a small problem with cause-and-effect. Doh
Another resource for anyone interested in gun policy that works, a bit dated, to go along with the trace data I just love to post.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

TLDR, most crimes are not committed with guns, most guns are not used in the commission of crimes.  When a gun is used in the commission of a crime it is overwhelming a handgun,  and even more specifically a large bore revolver - semi auto handguns were on the rise,.  About a third of those guns are less than three years old and likely stolen (5% were brand new)..the remainder, and overwhelmingly not stolen, are nearly two decades old.

We've known -exactly- how to deal with our gun violence problem for some time now. It's just not politically attractive. Not for the d's..not for the r's.
(February 13, 2019 at 9:50 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: It would be unlikely to reduce gun sales, since those upticks in gun sales are argued to be an artifact of batshit reaction to perceived political opposition.  If everyone started voting r, there would be no opposition to scare the living shit out of the dolts in the first place.  Gun sales would remain static, not increase or decrease.  This, ofc, has no effect whatsoever on gun crime today, there's a lag between the sale of a new gun and it's appearing in trace data.

I don't think so.

A high demand is caused by likely buyers seeing a potential future inability to buy.

When there is no threat - They don't buy - and the supply increases. This drives prices down - which SHOULD spur sales - but oddly enough, doesn't.

Illogical? Absolutely. But it is the observed trend.

Personally - I buy when prices are down, not up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7480 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 4725 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 1973 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7330 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9036 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bringing out the big guns. onlinebiker 24 1524 August 17, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  "Defeating Trump is more important than all of us" Foxaèr 44 3616 March 15, 2020 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Can You Guess Which Countries Have More "Women In Parliament" Than The USA? ReptilianPeon 7 1403 July 13, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2554 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My view regarding guns in the USA as a foreigner. Macoleco 41 2711 March 12, 2018 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd