Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiya
Hiya
'ello. Swedish Atheist over here!
Atheist since i learned how to read and write.
People would probably call me an aggressive atheist since my level of tolerance with people who believe in magic are really low.

Works as a military historian.

34 years of age.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat."
RE: Hiya
Has no-one said hello to you yet? Panic

That's disgraceful. What must you think of us all? I can only apologise and personally welcome you myself. So welcome along and may you have many years of fun and aggressive debating Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Aggressive atheist, military historian... makes sense. Wink

I hear that Sweden's the most atheistic country in the world, so there was bound to be a Swede along here sooner or later.

Welcome.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
All I know about combative swedes is that they used o come to england to raid our fair isles.

Welcome.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Now they come to the US/Canada to play hockey.

Big Grin
I look forward to seeing how you compete with ^ that one on who has the least tolerance for magic bullshit. Big Grin

Very big welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
thesummerqueen Wrote:I look forward to seeing how you compete with ^ that one on who has the least tolerance for magic bullshit. Big Grin

Very big welcome!

[Image: moi.gif]

Moi?

The Omnissiunt One;114201 Wrote:Aggressive atheist, military historian... makes sense. Wink

I hear that Sweden's the most atheistic country in the world, so there was bound to be a Swede along here sooner or later.

Welcome.

The polls look like this:
When given the question "Do you consider yourself religious?", 80 percent says no but when the question is twisted around and turned into "Do you believe there is something up there?" it drops to 45-50 percent. Either way i guess you can say that Swedes in general give fuck all about skywizards.

I really couldnt say why that is but i would guess that living up here, where its cold and dark 99 days out of a 100, people probably start to question it when praying dont lead to shit, its just fucking darkness anyways.

I guess this could also be the reason why people like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris dont really go to Sweden to lecture. Swedes would probably dont give a shit. "Why are you talking about this, we already know this shit, bugger off!" Smile

The big issue at the moment is aggressive Islam which hasnt found its place in the corner yet but were getting there.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat."
:Welcome: to the rational camp (excluding the theists, ignore them, they're irrational (except Tacky since he's a staff member and so shouldn't be ignored)).
downbeatplumb Wrote:All I know about combative swedes is that they used o come to england to raid our fair isles.

Welcome.

That was actually the Danes and Norwegians. Swedes didnt do jack shit when it came to pillage and rape except for the occasional goat. Swedish vikings were merchants and farmers mostly. Thats probably why that cunt Saint Ansgar could turn Sweden into a christian state so quickly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hiya Nay_Sayer 7 1299 August 7, 2019 at 11:24 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hiya folks! I'm new! CindyBaker 10 1456 April 8, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  Hiya. Keri 37 5992 September 8, 2014 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Keri
  Hiya Fromper 17 2390 February 28, 2014 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hiya BrokenQuill92 45 11600 January 4, 2014 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Aractus