Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiya from Europe
Hiya from Europe
Hey there everyone! Just looking for somewhere to be.

I'm whereupon from a country in Europe and was born and raised here as the daughter of two Turkish Muslims. I was raised as a dedicated Muslima myself, sheltered in a like-minded community. I lost my faith somewhere around my tenth birthday.

I'm messed up in the head like nobody's business - my best bet is tht it's a result of combined efforts. Increasingly abusive family members, the stress of remaining in the closet and timebomb-like genetics (because I have yet to meet a relative without big mental health issues) make an effective team.

I crashed out of the closet recently when I ran away from my family which is pretty pathetic considering that I am an off-age citizen of Europe. I like to think that it was a necessary and liberating move on my part, can't help feeling lonely and just as powerless as before most of the time though.

I love books, teaching kids, Mathematics and animals.
I hope to study to become a teacher if I remain stable enough for the next term.

Never now how to end these introduction-thingies so there you go...
Looking forward to trying to participate
And my apologies for possible grammer and spelling errors.
RE: Hiya from Europe
Hello and welcome to the sunny side of the nuthouse on the net, that we like to call AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:Just looking for somewhere to be.

Then this would qualify. Welcome aboard, dear.
Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome

It does get better. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome, fellow european!
Make yourself at home.
Welcome
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Hi there!
(May 13, 2013 at 8:41 pm)whereupon Wrote: Hey there everyone! Just looking for somewhere to be.

I'm whereupon from a country in Europe and was born and raised here as the daughter of two Turkish Muslims. I was raised as a dedicated Muslima myself, sheltered in a like-minded community. I lost my faith somewhere around my tenth birthday.

Which country? Best place to find a pair of Turkish Muslims is Turkey, but I make no assumptions Smile

Quote:I'm messed up in the head like nobody's business - my best bet is tht it's a result of combined efforts. Increasingly abusive family members, the stress of remaining in the closet and timebomb-like genetics (because I have yet to meet a relative without big mental health issues) make an effective team.

I'll bet that you're just fine, and that there's nothing a hug can't fix.

* Violet gives the not-broken person a hug Tiger

Quote:I crashed out of the closet recently when I ran away from my family which is pretty pathetic considering that I am an off-age citizen of Europe. I like to think that it was a necessary and liberating move on my part, can't help feeling lonely and just as powerless as before most of the time though.

I cannot know if it was or was not pathetic, given how few details are suggested to me, but if <Increasingly abusive family members> is a true value: perhaps you should stay run away, find someone non-abusive to make yourself not-lonely, and build your own sense of self-confidence and strength Smile

But then, I ran away from abuse, and I'm a whole lot happier today for it, so I'm biased.

Quote:I love books, teaching kids, Mathematics and animals.
I hope to study to become a teacher if I remain stable enough for the next term.

I hope you enjoy yourself here, welcome to the forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm8NgB5XGIA

Quote:Never now how to end these introduction-thingies so there you go...
Looking forward to trying to participate
And my apologies for possible grammer and spelling errors.

Bah, you fine Heart

Better than 3/4s of the people who post here, infact Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hiya Nay_Sayer 7 1299 August 7, 2019 at 11:24 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello from Europe! Mirek-Polska 27 2842 February 11, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Longhorn