Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irony - do you like it?
Irony - do you like it?
Who here indulges highly in the pleasure of the recognition of irony and its ironic situations?

Who merely likes it?

Who dislikes it and finds it annoying and thinks the world would be a lot better if everyone just stated what they meant literally.

Who here FUCKING HATES it like me?

I myself fucking HATE irony..... but then, I am, of course, being ironic when I say that. Big Grin
RE: Irony - do you like it?
I love it, despite the fact that Alanis Morisette tried to kill it with a song. I think if I didn't find some sort of humor and enjoyment in it, I'd be driven more crazy than usual at my job every day.
And what a flat sort of existence if everything was literal.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I love irony......it gets the wrinkles out of my shirts.

[Image: 0.jpg]
I don't notice a lot of people saying ironic things to me aside from telling a lie, being sarcastic, or only joking. If it's the last two, then I don't have a problem with it. On a downside, however, I think that too much irony in our lives would become rather boring since we would expect it more than usual.
So what? Then a lack of irony would be interesting to us.

It balances out.
The only thing ironic in Alanis Morissette's song is that her examples are not ironic.

Irony can be funny. Though it is often bittersweet.

edit: I don't get the point of the picture with Kari Byron's butt.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
It's the whole kissing the pope on the ass thing...but if you don't get it...you don't get it.

We move on.
(January 19, 2011 at 10:16 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Who here indulges highly in the pleasure of the recognition of irony and its ironic situations?

Who merely likes it?

Who dislikes it and finds it annoying and thinks the world would be a lot better if everyone just stated what they meant literally.

I myself fucking HATE irony..... but then, I am, of course, being ironic when I say that. Big Grin

Mate,I'm an Aussie, I have no choice. All Aussies are born with a built- in Irony meter,it's installed right next our bullshit detector. This explains our healthy contempt for politicians,clergy, journalists,lawyers and other members of the criminal bourgeoisie.

Currently we are experiencing the worst floods in our history,immediately following over a decade of drought in the same area..

'Hate' is powerful word I rarely use. I won't trivialise it by using it in such a fatuous way.But that's just me,you knock yourself out. Angel Cloud
I like Irony. Like pro-lifers murdering doctors. Real basic irony, but it makes me laugh.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(January 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm)padraic Wrote:
(January 19, 2011 at 10:16 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Who here indulges highly in the pleasure of the recognition of irony and its ironic situations?

Who merely likes it?

Mate,I'm an Aussie, I have no choice. All Aussies are born with a built- in Irony meter,it's installed right next our bullshit detector. This explains our healthy contempt for politicians,clergy, journalists,lawyers and other members of the criminal bourgeoisie.

Currently we are experiencing the worst floods in our history,immediately following over a decade of drought in the same area..

'Hate' is powerful word I rarely use. I won't trivialise it by using it in such a fatuous way.But that's just me,you knock yourself out. Angel Cloud

^^^

What he said. Clap

Ausies are just like that. Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1977 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4092 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  My turn -- Post Here And I'll Tell You What I like About You Edwardo Piet 43 5866 August 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Irony... dyresand 4 679 January 26, 2016 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1317 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Oh The Irony! Minimalist 2 649 August 1, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: atheist04330
  How do you let someone know you like them? Phatt Matt s 67 8273 April 3, 2014 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Thumbs Up Oh, the irony! LastPoet 27 3594 December 2, 2013 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Chas
  getting nominated for something you don't feel like you deserve? mostlysilent 17 3210 October 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  a, like, mechanically, like, sort of like, reaction to the whole "god" thing, yeah. Edwardo Piet 7 2959 January 29, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet