Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth Theme for people with fundamentalist controlling parents...
Stealth Theme for people with fundamentalist controlling parents...
Due to the despicable way the parents of user WWLD have taken his laptop away and banned her from this website, we have implemented a "Stealth" theme for people in similar situations.

The theme can be activated by going to your User CP Options and changing the "Board Style" (bottom right corner) to "Stealth Theme".

The theme then changes to look like a "PC Forums" website, and I have tried to remove every single reference I can to atheism. The only things I cannot change are the forum names (like Atheist Quotes) and of course, the titles of the threads themselves. However, a person who simply glances at the site will think it is a PC forum. They would have to look closer to deduce that the site is about atheism.
RE: Stealth Theme for people with fundamentalist controlling parents...
Wow =O
What a fantastic idea!
Hoi Zaeme.
It's hard to envisage living in circumstances that make this necessary but yes, I agree, good idea and I think it is worth saying it is both considerate and thoughtful of you to do it.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I agree with Kyu, it is ridiculous that this is something that is even necessary in this day and age, but I am glad you did.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Very sad, but a clever trick, Adrian. Looks good!
I must admit I don't like the whole sneaking around part. Acting like we're underground will make beleivers think that we're in the wrong. (Also I'm a very loud atheist)

However, I beleive more strongly that people like WWLD deserve a place like this to speak with people who are on her side; and this allows people in similar situations to visit here as much as they want (hopefully).

So cool idea, and good work implementing it. While I'm saddened it is nessesary, I am happy we care enough to do it.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
To this end I have changed Atheist Quotes simply into Quotes. I think as this is an atheist forum it's pretty obvious what sort of quotes they are going to be.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Does that also mean we have the freedom to put non-atheist quotes there too? If we think they are good quotes?
(January 14, 2009 at 9:50 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Due to the despicable way the parents of user WWLD have taken his laptop away and banned him from this website, we have implemented a "Stealth" theme for people in similar situations.

What?! Ugghh, that sucks. Parents can be utterly ridiculous.

It's sad that something like this is necessary.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Why not..

(January 15, 2009 at 11:04 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Does that also mean we have the freedom to put non-atheist quotes there too? If we think they are good quotes?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Theme (Please Test & Give Feedback) Tiberius 102 16292 September 27, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Forum Theme Facelift theVOID 64 18402 July 21, 2011 at 4:55 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  New Theme Tiberius 39 19517 July 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Theme Choices Tiberius 6 3575 November 22, 2010 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  New Mobile Theme Tiberius 3 5577 October 10, 2010 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Default Theme Tiberius 5 2513 March 3, 2010 at 8:27 am
Last Post: LukeMC