Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reincarnation...but
Reincarnation...but
Is 'reincarnation' an early attempt at the 'cellular memory' and DNA of hominids??

No seriously...I was thinking......

IF...as has been discovered, many 'genetic' ailments/ diseases are mostly to do with whether or not certain DNA 'codes' are switched on or off..... that the fact that you have brown hair and eyes but your brother has blonde hair and blue eyes is a matter of which DNA 'codes' were switched on or off at "conception"

.....further that YOU (or rather your body) is the end product of all your ancestral biology...possibly back to the original hominid that thought it would be great to walk on two legs because most of the predators had to sort out four legs to get at you and that this was an advantage..aka you survived.

Also understanding that religion has stopped most of this 'freethinking' : could it not be possible that the term 'reincarnation' was first coined to deal with this DNA issue??

Many religions (and I am trying to be generous hereAngel) really do NOT KNOW why they celebrate the festivals they do.....I mean What was THE root cause??? A stupid book written by the uneducated for fools and the illiterate??

For example: Passover/ Oestara/ Easter/ Chocolate Festival...call it what you like but what does it REALLY celebrate ? Seems amusing to me that no matter what it is called or what dogma any religion attaches to it; it does 'coincide' with the passage of the sun accross the eliptic at equinox. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecliptic_coordinate_system and posibly a better one would be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecliptic

Any thoughts??Thinking

Granted that thanks to religion it is now mostly mumbo jumbo as to have no credibility at all.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Reincarnation...but
Most festivals early man celebrated coincided with events like harvest, arrival of spring, etc,.

I'd venture a conjecture that reincarnation is merely primitive man noticing the cyclical nature of life and extrapolating, as usual, to a ridiculous, overbuilt degree.
I'd go with reincarnation being another one of the 'wouldnt it be good if.....' things we see in religions.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Human ego run rampant once again..... "I'm so important I can't just DIE"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you Believe in Reincarnation? Leonardo17 31 1957 September 19, 2023 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris