Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about WINE
A question about WINE
If there are any experts on WINE here, could you please answer this question related to WINE?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5670...0_56744234
And I must admit I fail to see why the StackOverflow considers my question so stupid. Can anybody here explain me that?
RE: A question about WINE
If I remember correctly, it rarely tasted as good as beer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When buying aged wines, be sure to consult about what years age the best.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I think it's made from grapes.
It's grape!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I am talking about a software used to run Windows apps on Linux, if that's not obvious from the context.
https://www.winehq.org/
What's wrong with the answer you received?
(June 27, 2019 at 1:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If I remember correctly, it rarely tasted as good as beer.

Boru

That is because thou never flavoured a good red wine. I've sent a bottle to Australia once. The shipping is more expensive than the wine.
(June 28, 2019 at 12:56 pm)Jackalope Wrote: What's wrong with the answer you received?

Because I don't know if I somehow misconfigured WINE, and if a well-configured WINE would actually run my program properly, or if my program indeed can't be run on WINE. WINE is insanely hard to configure to run anything but Minesweeper or Notepad.
(June 28, 2019 at 3:08 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(June 28, 2019 at 12:56 pm)Jackalope Wrote: What's wrong with the answer you received?

Because I don't know if I somehow misconfigured WINE, and if a well-configured WINE would actually run my program properly, or if my program indeed can't be run on WINE. WINE is insanely hard to configure to run anything but Minesweeper or Notepad.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would jump through so many hoops in order to run Widows software in a Linux system. Wine and the various virtual machines are one royal pain in the arse to set up. Why not dual boot Windows and Linux?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.