Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:44 pm

Poll: Do you believe vaping tobacco is safer than smoking tobacco?
This poll is closed.
Yes, it's far safer
33.33%
8 33.33%
Yes, it's marginally safer
20.83%
5 20.83%
No, it's far more dangerous
4.17%
1 4.17%
No, it's marginally more dangerous
4.17%
1 4.17%
They're equally unhealthy.
25.00%
6 25.00%
Not sure/don't care
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe vaping is healthier than smoking? (Tobacco)
Do you believe vaping is healthier than smoking? (Tobacco)
Based on your perception of the issue, do you believe vaping tobacco is healthier than smoking tobacco? I think we can get into the weeds of different studies and tests and so on but I'm more interested in what people's general perception of the issue is. If your view is supported by science, even better, but many people's views are not.

I personally feel that vaping is far safer than smoking, though not necessarily "safe."
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Do you believe vaping is healthier than smoking? (Tobacco)
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]EgoDeath:
I personally feel that vaping is far safer than smoking, though not necessarily "safe."

I'll go along with that assessment.
(June 28, 2019 at 8:54 pm)no one Wrote: [Image: icon_quote.jpg]EgoDeath:

I'll go along with that assessment.

One has to wonder whether putting anything but fresh air into one's lungs could ever be considered "safe." And while it's another conversation entirely, I'd consider cannabis smoke to be much safer than cigarette smoke...

However when it comes to vaping, smoke isn't even involved as the material isn't technically being smoked, so I'd have to imagine it is, by it's very nature, "safer."
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Well, the problem with smoking is not really tobacco, so it is possible that vaping is safer, given that it has less chemicals than ciggars.
(June 28, 2019 at 9:17 pm)notimportant1234 Wrote: Well, the problem with smoking is not really tobacco,

How do you mean?
(June 28, 2019 at 9:17 pm)EgoDeath Wrote:
(June 28, 2019 at 9:17 pm)notimportant1234 Wrote: Well, the problem with smoking is not really tobacco,

How do you mean?
I may be wrong, but if what I know is correct the side chemicals in cigars are killing you not tobacco.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, so dismiss my posts.
(June 28, 2019 at 9:21 pm)notimportant1234 Wrote:
(June 28, 2019 at 9:17 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: How do you mean?
I may be wrong, but if what I know is correct the side chemicals in cigars are killing you not tobacco.

From my understanding, it's a combination of both, as nicotine can accelerate the carcinogenic effects of certain chemicals found in cigarettes/smoked tobacco products.
Neither is healthy.

Vaping is simply less unhealthy due to the fact that it doesn't contain tar and has considerably less contaminants/carcinogens.
(June 28, 2019 at 8:44 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: Based on your perception of the issue, do you believe vaping tobacco is healthier than smoking tobacco? I think we can get into the weeds of different studies and tests and so on but I'm more interested in what people's general perception of the issue is. If your view is supported by science, even better, but many people's views are not.

If you are vaping tobacco what you're doing is called smoking, and you can't smoke tobacco with an E-Cig. Do you mean vaping nicotine? Well you don't have to.
All those rows and rows of vape fluid you see in vape shops and just about everywhere else are mostly comprised of glycerine with a small percentage of flavouring. By default the vape shop will not sell you fluid containing nicotine, you have to ask for it.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Don't smoke or vape myself. From what little I know about the subject, there's far less information about all the stuff in e-cigs than in regular tobacco. Vaping may or may not be safer than traditional smoking (there may be fewer carcinogens, but the bigger nicotine dose may have its own problems). The one thing that seems certain is that it's not safe in any meaningful way.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smoking FrustratedFool 160 5879 November 9, 2023 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Jackalope