Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Smoking
Smoking
What are people's opinions on smoking?
RE: Smoking
It’s a filthy, disgusting, noxious habit and needs to be kept as far away from me as possible.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I never saw the point of putting burning leaves in my mouth.
Smoking makes the victim, their hair and clothes stink, simply not allowed in my house or car.
When smoking was allowed in pubs, I would get home after an eveng out and take my shirt off and I could smell the smoke on it... nasty
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(October 20, 2023 at 6:01 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It’s a filthy, disgusting, noxious habit

Ye, but I'm OK with Avatars doing it.

I used to grow and smoke weed but the laws got draconian so I switched to alcohol, of which the government approves, so I must be much better off now, health wise.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
JH
I smoked for 30 years. I still like the smell of smoke, from the cigarette, not the stale nicotine smell. But it's not a sustainable habit.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 20, 2023 at 5:20 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: What are people's opinions on smoking?

40 years of it myself, wish I hadn't started. Although I did stop 3 years ago, it still has made me weaker and affected my bone density. I get tired very easy too. I am lucky I didn't get cancer, but there are lots of things it can effect outside that, although cancer is a huge risk. 

I wish America would do what Australia does with tobacco sales. They keep the cigarettes behind the counter, in non descript cabinets or drawers. The packs/cartons do not have corporate logos on them, in fact, they have pictures of bad lungs or dead people on them to discourage people from smoking. Maybe if I had had that when I was a kid I wouldn't have started.
Love it. Damned shame it's gonna kill me. Unless I manage to figure out some florida man shit first, that is.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Smoking what?

Meats, love it, cheese-not so much.
Pot, I wish but it's still illegal where I'm at.
Tobacco, used to but gave it up when it became silly.
Signals, don't have that talent.
Women, most are out of my league but I do enjoy the eye candy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Smoker here.

(October 20, 2023 at 5:20 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: What are people's opinions on smoking?

If you smoke after sex you're doing it too fast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe vaping is healthier than smoking? (Tobacco) EgoDeath 50 4656 August 2, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath