Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know any sources for ancient dream interpretation texts?
I'm speaking about volumes if possible, specifically for dreams

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_interpretation

In Arabic the internet is full of Ibn Sirin (654–728) book narrations, but their credibility to be sourced to him is not credible since I don't have the source.
RE: Do you know any sources for ancient dream interpretation texts?
You don't really need source material.  Interpret your dreams however you like and you'll never be wrong.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I just dreamed that Allah is not real and that prophet Mohammed was a liar - what does it all mean?
(June 29, 2019 at 4:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You don't really need source material.  Interpret your dreams however you like and you'll never be wrong.

Boru

I suspect the fact that there can be no wrong answers will prove sadly and totally inadequate to the task of preventing those who seeks to have their dreams interpreted from arriving at the wrong answer.

(June 29, 2019 at 11:45 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: I just dreamed that Allah is not real and that prophet Mohammed was a liar - what does it all mean?

It means you dream better than Muslims.
(June 29, 2019 at 4:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You don't really need source material.  Interpret your dreams however you like and you'll never be wrong.

Boru

The "symbolism" is what the interpretation materials are for. Say you dream about a "fish"; the fish symbolizes something in the dream, the ancient text tells you what it means.

It is accurate sometimes

(June 30, 2019 at 12:01 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Boru

I suspect the fact that there can be no wrong answers will prove sadly and totally inadequate to the task of preventing those who seeks to have their dreams interpreted from arriving at the wrong answer.

(June 29, 2019 at 11:45 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: I just dreamed that Allah is not real and that prophet Mohammed was a liar - what does it all mean?

It means you dream better than Muslims.

Dreams have meaning. Even if you abandon the spiritual meanings you have to believe in the scientific meanings : 

https://www.verywellmind.com/why-do-we-d...es-2795931

What triggers your emotions when you are asleep? is it someone sending you a message?
All dreams end up with with either killing the mother or rooting her.
We apes are simple creatures...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:The "symbolism" is what the interpretation materials are for. Say you dream about a "fish"; the fish symbolizes something in the dream, the ancient text tells you what it means.

Dreams are intensely personal.  If you think a fish means a fish, you're right (although it won't mean a fish to everyone).  If you think it means a concrete abutment at the west  end of a suspension bridge, you're right (same caveat).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plausibility of ancient extraterrestrials Sicnoo0 167 7942 July 19, 2023 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have any paranormal experineces? EgoDeath 114 10604 October 8, 2019 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Cod