Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 7, 2024, 8:53 pm

Poll: Ancient humans were
This poll is closed.
People with a lot of lucky guesses
100.00%
6 100.00%
Scientifically advanced
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plausibility of ancient extraterrestrials
Plausibility of ancient extraterrestrials
The very same "gods" were described across multiple cultures all over the planet. You can find endless examples of gods that went by one name in one culture and by another name (in some cases an extremely similar name) in another culture.
I'm open to the idea that these beings helped advance human civilization.
Historical evidence suggests that multiple ancient cultures had advanced scientific knowledge rivaling (and in many cases exceeding) our modern scientific knowledge. I'm open to the idea that this was all thanks to these beings.
I'm open to the idea that these beings have been on our planet for thousands of years and have been documented by ancient cultures for as long as they've had a writing system.

I want to know what you guys think about the degree to which we can draw conclusions from the available historical records. I also want to know if it can be said that the historical evidence points to Hindu Atheism being a rational position to take.

The enormous collection of Vedic texts taken to be historical (as opposed to the purely mythological ones) seem to do a great job of telling the stories of these beings. These texts also do a great job of making highly quantitatively specific scientific claims that have been shown to be miraculously correct in modern times. 

Isn't there a vanishingly small probability of getting those measurements correct to such a fine level of precision by merely guessing?

Also, who prompted them to even make such guesses? 

Why were ancient people even talking about their home as a planet (by the way, Hindu scriptures correctly described Earth as a sphere) and talking about how old the planet is?

The flying machines that Hindu deities were said to have had are what really gets me. Sounds just like the UAPs we're seeing in recent years. The machines were described as being able to move in any direction while still facing in the same direction, like a helicopter. This is exactly like the UAPs that get described nowadays
RE: Plausibility of ancient extraterrestrials
Why did they (the ancient aliens) stop showing up? Why just run around telling god stories in ancient times? Surely they could come up with more modern stuff.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

The very same god were everywhere because people are too lazy to be original. Nothing more.
Quote:Hindu Atheism

And there it is. Hindu Atheism is literally Scientology with a different name because of copyright.

Look do I believe Aliens exist, yes. Do I believe any came to earth, no. If they do exist they would be limited to their own star system for the exact same reasons why we are;

-The inability to travel vast distances without either killing us or warping time.
-Religion/Traditional Values.

Of course there is the possibility that we are the trailer trash of the cosmos and they stay away from us like I have to stay away from Texas because of my skin colour.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
(July 12, 2023 at 10:11 pm)AkiraTheViking Wrote:
Quote:Hindu Atheism

And there it is. Hindu Atheism is literally Scientology with a different name because of copyright.

Look do I believe Aliens exist, yes. Do I believe any came to earth, no. If they do exist they would be limited to their own star system for the exact same reasons why we are;

-The inability to travel vast distances without either killing us or warping time.
-Religion/Traditional Values.

Of course there is the possibility that we are the trailer trash of the cosmos and they stay away from us like I have to stay away from Texas because of my skin colour.

Actually there are quite a few people your color in the county where I live...in Texas.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

I don't think it's a lucky coincidence that Hindu scripture correctly states the distance from Earth to our moon as well as the age of the Earth. I'm willing to drop the whole aliens were here thing. I still wanna give the Hindu scriptures their due credit.
People like to give certain aspects of scripture their due credit, but its collectiveness creates a huge steamy pile of poo.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Popcorn
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Didn't we just evict another of this guy's socks just a few weeks ago?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 12, 2023 at 10:18 pm)Sicnoo0 Wrote: I don't think it's a lucky coincidence
You should.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you know any sources for ancient dream interpretation texts? WinterHold 6 1007 June 30, 2019 at 6:23 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Are UFO's and extraterrestrials real? TheouLive 136 36537 October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger