Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philippines.
The Philippines.
I'm planning on going there this November.  

In my chatroom days I used to be a regular in the same room as a man from Miami who moved out there and started a family and he's still there now.

Admittedly I thought he was being conned or something when I first found out about his plan but he seems to still be doing well all these years later. Still with the same woman, they got married, he has a son. The plan is to visit him at some point, he even offered to pick me up from the airport already and stay with his family.  I'm around 80% sure he isn't a serial killer. 

That's pretty much it really.....

Anyone got any travel advice?  Know any interesting facts or have any experiences with the Philippines?

The one thing I need to research or find out about specifically is how easy it is to travel between one island to another. I arrive in Manila, my friend lives near there, but I don't plan to stay in that one area, I want to see the best beaches.

It was a choice between that or somewhere else in Asia and The Philippines seems to get the best reviews.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: The Philippines.
Try to get a cruise around the archipelago. Visit Baguio, the Summer Capital. It will be very hot by the coast. Visit Corregidor, much history.

And don't carry more money than you can afford to throw out a bus window. Some of them are very sharp.

Enjoy the beauty.
My next door neighbor was a missionary there.. (I don't hold it against him - he's actually a pretty good guy). I will stop by tomorrow and hit him with some of your questions.....
I hear Olongapo has gone to hell since the US left. Legendary back in the day. Magsaysay was a highway to hell.
Try to dress like this as often as possible.

[Image: tumblr_lh3mw0Qyb51qckk8j.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 2, 2019 at 5:53 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: My next door neighbor was a missionary there.. (I don't hold it against him - he's actually a pretty good guy). I will stop by tomorrow and hit him with some of your questions.....

Thanks. Like I said the main thing is how to travel from island to island.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Have not forgotten ya.

Just been playing tag with the neighbor. He's  currently "it"...
If you're gonna hang out with Filipinos you better be ready to Karaoke. They love it.
Get yourself a Lonely Planet Guide no more than one year old.
Don't go around bagging Rodrigo Duterte in public.
Remember to be careful visiting certain beaches, there are real pirates.

Finally caught up with him.

For the most part CEBU airlines is the best bet island to island. Usually cheaper than by boat.

Avoid Mindanao. There's extremists there you do not want to meet.

Like Mexico - drink only bottled water.

Best beaches on Palawan. Stunning is the descriptor he used.

Watch out for pickpockets. Carry wallet in front pocket.

Drug use --- don't. They are fucking serious - maniacal in fact - against rec drugs...
(July 2, 2019 at 5:17 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I'm planning on going there this November.  

In my chatroom days I used to be a regular in the same room as a man from Miami who moved out there and started a family and he's still there now.

Admittedly I thought he was being conned or something when I first found out about his plan but he seems to still be doing well all these years later. Still with the same woman, they got married, he has a son. The plan is to visit him at some point, he even offered to pick me up from the airport already and stay with his family.  I'm around 80% sure he isn't a serial killer. 

That's pretty much it really.....

Anyone got any travel advice?  Know any interesting facts or have any experiences with the Philippines?

The one thing I need to research or find out about specifically is how easy it is to travel between one island to another.  I arrive in Manila, my friend lives near there, but I don't plan to stay in that one area, I want to see the best beaches.

It was a choice between that or somewhere else in Asia and The Philippines seems to get the best reviews.

I have been to France, Switzerland, Mexico, Japan and Australia.

The lesson I have learned long term, is the same I learned visiting NYC, Florida, Michigan, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Japan.

Humans are all the same, we just speak different languages and eat different things. 

They have palm trees, and a warmer climate. I have always been a tropical type of guy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Philippines. What would you do? paulpablo 14 978 October 29, 2019 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath