Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Simon
Paul Simon
Anyone else just really dig Paul Simon? I mean, Simon & Garfunkel are awesome too, but I love relaxing to some cheery Paul Simon. Some of the S&G stuff is more heavy (emotionally, not musically).
RE: Paul Simon
(July 10, 2019 at 5:09 pm)Shell B Wrote: Anyone else just really dig Paul Simon? I mean, Simon & Garfunkel are awesome too, but I love relaxing to some cheery Paul Simon. Some of the S&G stuff is more heavy (emotionally, not musically).

I am more S&G.  Their stuff was part of the soundtrack of my early teens.  I knew every note and every word on the Bridge Over Troubled Waters album (yes kids, album).  I don't dislike Paul Simon solo, I just really like S&G.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 10, 2019 at 5:09 pm)Shell B Wrote: Anyone else just really dig Paul Simon? I mean, Simon & Garfunkel are awesome too, but I love relaxing to some cheery Paul Simon. Some of the S&G stuff is more heavy (emotionally, not musically).

The word 'genius' gets tossed about a lot in the music industry, but I think for Paul Simon, it applies.

Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hells, yeah.

I can remember once going through Paul Simon’s discography (solo and with Simon and Garfunkel) at the store where I work. I can even remember one bit of Songs from The Capeman (one of his least regarded works, mind you) and the boss still wound up coming out of his office in awe at the music.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 10, 2019 at 5:14 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

I am more S&G.  Their stuff was part of the soundtrack of my early teens.  I knew every note and every word on the Bridge Over Troubled Waters album (yes kids, album).  I don't dislike Paul Simon solo, I just really like S&G.

Oh, I was raised on S&G. I hear you. I know their best of album from start to finish.
(July 10, 2019 at 5:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

The word 'genius' gets tossed about a lot in the music industry, but I think for Paul Simon, it applies.

Boru

It totally does. Best poet I know of, and he knew how to play the guitar too. Have you seen his show on the first season of SNL? Fucking awesome.
(July 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Hells, yeah.

I can remember once going through Paul Simon’s discography (solo and with Simon and Garfunkel) at the store where I work. I can even remember one bit of Songs from The Capeman (one of his least regarded works, mind you) and the boss still wound up coming out of his office in awe at the music.

Dude is a legend. I could listen to Kodachrome every day of my life. It makes me laugh for some reason.
(July 10, 2019 at 5:49 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 5:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The word 'genius' gets tossed about a lot in the music industry, but I think for Paul Simon, it applies.

Boru

It totally does. Best poet I know of, and he knew how to play the guitar too. Have you seen his show on the first season of SNL? Fucking awesome.

I've never seen SNL.  And the song of his that always makes me laugh is 'Me And Julio Down By The School Yard'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sorry, but this is my theme song in the '70s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4
I love Paul Simon! I thought this was going to be an RIP thread. I was so happy to be wrong!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disappointed by "Love, Simon" Foxaèr 4 295 October 17, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why Paul Hartnoll > Jean Michel Jarre Edwardo Piet 0 420 December 24, 2016 at 8:37 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Paul Dotard 6 1367 September 8, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Paul Hartnoll - For Silence Edwardo Piet 0 992 June 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet