Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We Live For Love" a Pat Benatar lesson...
"We Live For Love" a Pat Benatar lesson...
I look at all the morons who criticize my poetry, and then I listen to Pat Benatar's "We Live For Love" which rhymes like Palestinians and Jews.

Point is, I don't take criticism of my poetry personally. I simply get pissed off at morons who think all art is about perfection and meter. 

I love the following song. And it DOES NOT rhyme like most.

If art was meant to be all farting rainbows then it has no business being called art. That is not art, that is just masturbation.
RE: "We Live For Love" a Pat Benatar lesson...
(July 10, 2019 at 5:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I look at all the morons who criticize my poetry, and then I listen to Pat Benatar's "We Live For Love" which rhymes like Palestinians and Jews.

Point is, I don't take criticism of my poetry personally. I simply get pissed off at morons who think all art is about perfection and meter. 

If art was meant to be all farting rainbows then it has no business being called art. That is not art, that is just masturbation.

Speaking for morons everywhere, I'm happy to see that you don't take criticism personally. Jerkoff

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 10, 2019 at 6:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 5:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I look at all the morons who criticize my poetry, and then I listen to Pat Benatar's "We Live For Love" which rhymes like Palestinians and Jews.

Speaking for morons everywhere, I'm happy to see that you don't take criticism personally. Jerkoff

Boru

I don't take bullshit personally. Just like I don't think Pat Benatar gives a fuck about what you think of "We Live For Love".
(July 10, 2019 at 6:10 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 6:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Speaking for morons everywhere, I'm happy to see that you don't take criticism personally. Jerkoff

Boru

I don't take bullshit personally. Just like I don't think Pat Benatar gives a fuck about what you think of "We Live For Love".

*shrug*  You don't seem to be able to grasp that when you call your critics 'morons', you are taking it personally.

As for me, I don't insist on rhyme or meter in poetry. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 10, 2019 at 6:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 6:10 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't take bullshit personally. Just like I don't think Pat Benatar gives a fuck about what you think of "We Live For Love".

*shrug*  You don't seem to be able to grasp that when you call your critics 'morons', you are taking it personally.

Boru

Yet you are as rich as she is.

Got it. And somehow that one particular song did not crash her career. And people managed to like that song too.

BINGO, art isn't always metered or perfect. 

I don't take anything personally as an artist other than assholes who want to pigeon hole and label others to their likes.

I know people do not like me personally. The "personal" aspect of this has to do with art in general, not me. 

YES I do take it personally when assholes shit on art. Art is not what you or even I like, but what the viewer does.
(July 10, 2019 at 6:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 6:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *shrug*  You don't seem to be able to grasp that when you call your critics 'morons', you are taking it personally.

Boru

Yet you are as rich as she is.

Got it. And somehow that one particular song did not crash her career. And people managed to like that song too.

I don't take anything personally as an artist other than assholes who want to pigeon hole and label others to their likes.

I know people do not like me personally. The "personal" aspect of this has to do with art in general, not me. 

YES I do take it personally when assholes shit on art. Art is not what you or even I like, but what the viewer does.

Yes, people like that song.  I'm one of them.  I've always like Pat Benatar.

I've already told you that I DON'T insist on rhyme or meter in poetry.  Some of the greatest poems ever written are free/blank verse.

Well, we necessarily pigeonhole what we like.  Not sure what you mean by this - I have to like everything?

But art IS what you or I like, it can't be anything else, since we are part of the viewing audience.  You and I clearly have different tastes (and that's perfectly alright),  but so what?  If I like a bit of music that you don't, does that make it any less a work of art?  No - it is a work of art that appeals to me but not to you.  And that's OK, too.

Boru
(July 10, 2019 at 6:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 6:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yet you are as rich as she is.

Yes, people like that song.  I'm one of them.  I've always like Pat Benatar.

I've already told you that I DON'T insist on rhyme or meter in poetry.  Some of the greatest poems ever written are free/blank verse.

Well, we necessarily pigeonhole what we like.  Not sure what you mean by this - I have to like everything?

But art IS what you or I like, it can't be anything else, since we are part of the viewing audience.  You and I clearly have different tastes (and that's perfectly alright),  but so what?  If I like a bit of music that you don't, does that make it any less a work of art?  No - it is a work of art that appeals to me but not to you.  And that's OK, too.

Boru

TASTE, you said it right there!

That is where it ends.

I will never claim to be Paveroratti or Shakespeare or Picasso. But art isn't about always squeezing diamonds out of your ass.
Pavarotti wasn't even Paveroratti.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 10, 2019 at 6:40 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Pavarotti wasn't even Paveroratti.

I am a bad speller, so sue me.
(July 10, 2019 at 6:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 10, 2019 at 6:33 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yes, people like that song.  I'm one of them.  I've always like Pat Benatar.

Boru

TASTE, you said it right there!

That is where it ends.

I will never claim to be Paveroratti or Shakespeare or Picasso. But art isn't about always squeezing diamonds out of your ass.

And that's all I've ever said - I don't like your poetry because it doesn't appeal to me , not because it doesn't rhyme or have meter, it just isn't to my personal taste.

But you have to admit that you do have a tendency to lose your shit when people criticize you.  For instance, this thread - you've spent time arguing with someone who has agreed with you all along.  And all I called you to account for was calling your critics 'morons'.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Benatar did a cover of the Beatles... Brian37 0 336 February 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Underworld live 2016 in Bristol UK Edwardo Piet 1 173 May 3, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Unofficial Pat Benatar Thread...... Brian37 0 348 November 20, 2017 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Art of The Bow Tie: A Brief Lesson with KS Kernel Sohcahtoa 6 1849 September 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cato is dead. Long live Cato Cato 5 1036 May 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Steven Wilson - Raider II Live Edwardo Piet 0 1002 October 23, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Live band performances Napoléon 21 4085 May 16, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Awesome live performance Napoléon 1 996 November 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  ORBITAL LIVE 2012 - Heineken Open'er Festival Poland Edwardo Piet 2 2328 November 6, 2012 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Porcupine Tree - Normal - Live Edwardo Piet 3 1652 February 16, 2012 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Tempus