Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Art of The Bow Tie: A Brief Lesson with KS
The Art of The Bow Tie: A Brief Lesson with KS
Hello, everyone.  On occasion, at my workplace, I'll be asked by a customer to instruct them on how to properly tie a bow tie.  As a result, for anyone who is interested in learning the bow tie, I'm posting a brief tutorial here in order to share some cool bow-tie knowledge.   With that said, I hope that this video is useful. Thanks.

RE: The Art of The Bow Tie: A Brief Lesson with KS
That looks like far too much effort. Clipons exist.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 30, 2017 at 3:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: That looks like far too much effort. Clipons exist.

Thanks for your honest feedback.  After watching my video again, it appears that my tutorial lacked the clarity and skillful instruction necessary to communicate how fun and relatively easy it is to tie the bow tie.  Hence, I've scrapped the video.  In its place, I've posted a video by a very creative gentleman, who IMO, does a pretty good job of explaining how to tie the bow tie in a simple and easy way.  Thanks again

(September 30, 2017 at 10:55 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 3:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: That looks like far too much effort. Clipons exist.

Thanks for your honest feedback.  After watching my video again, it appears that my tutorial lacked the clarity and skillful instruction necessary to communicate how fun and relatively easy it is to tie the bow tie.  Hence, I've scrapped the video.  In its place, I've posted a video by a very creative gentleman, who IMO, does a pretty good job of explaining how to tie the bow tie in a simple and easy way.  Thanks again

Don't get me wrong I thought your video was good and you have a fantastic voice for that kind of thing.
That one was bit more fun and I think worked better because he was doing it while wearing it. When you did it I imagined trying to then put it on if you know what I mean.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

They're doing it all wrong, you're supposed to come from behind so he doesn't see you, and the knot should be much, much more vigorous.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Probably apocryphal but Uncle Dwayne was having trouble getting his regular necktie tied before his daughters wedding and one of the ushers volunteered to help. He asked Dwayne to lay down on a table so he could tie and Dwayne asked why lay down for it and the usher said he was a mortician and that was the only way he could do it . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Unless I take up a career as a circus clown, an Oxford don, or Bill Nye the Science Guy, I really don't see the point in learning this.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art in the Home FrustratedFool 17 1290 October 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  "Impossible" Art LinuxGal 12 1232 September 9, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is art deranged? MarcusA 29 2153 September 3, 2023 at 7:34 am
  What is Art? MarcusA 15 1073 September 3, 2023 at 2:17 am
Last Post: MarcusA
  Art in decadence? Macoleco 53 5574 December 4, 2022 at 5:43 pm
  The tie of the i ger Brian37 7 388 April 13, 2021 at 6:57 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Of neon and art deco...... Brian37 7 533 September 2, 2020 at 3:28 pm
  April fool. This is indeed a work of art. Succubus#2 1 352 April 1, 2020 at 6:44 am
  'demonic' art project at school Fake Messiah 1 502 October 23, 2019 at 12:16 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  "We Live For Love" a Pat Benatar lesson... Brian37 17 1738 July 11, 2019 at 6:39 am