Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Turing To Be On New £50 Note
Alan Turing To Be On New £50 Note
And It's About Bloody Time

Quote:Former Manchester MP and gay rights campaigner John Leech, who campaigned for Alan Turing's pardon, said: "This is a fitting and welcome tribute to a true Manchester hero.

"But more importantly I hope it will serve as a stark and rightfully painful reminder of what we lost in Turing, and what we risk when we allow that kind of hateful ideology to win."

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Alan Turing To Be On New £50 Note
Why does British money have to be so heavy?
Quote:A stark and rightfully painful reminder of what we lost in Turing,

Maybe if you gave the Turing on this £50 Note bitch tits like Turing ended up getting in real life it would have been (seriously, when I saw The Imitation Game, I considered the distinct lack of bitch tits to be the film's major flaw: what a perfect visual metaphor for how unnatural society's attempts at reining in Turing's sexuality is, and it's accurate to the historical record to boot! Sure, Jonathan softened the language when I reviewed it for Anglotopia, but I think it still shines through when you read it.)

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 15, 2019 at 9:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And It's About Bloody Time

Quote:Former Manchester MP and gay rights campaigner John Leech, who campaigned for Alan Turing's pardon, said: "This is a fitting and welcome tribute to a true Manchester hero.

"But more importantly I hope it will serve as a stark and rightfully painful reminder of what we lost in Turing, and what we risk when we allow that kind of hateful ideology to win."

Boru
Really it took this long  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Can we put the image of trump with a stake through his heart on the $50 bill?
(July 15, 2019 at 6:07 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(July 15, 2019 at 9:39 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And It's About Bloody Time

Boru
Really it took this long  Dodgy

We still haven't taken a genocidal maniac off our $20. We cant have a black lady on our money, especially one who helped slaves escape.
I get mad when I think about how there is a genocidal fuckwad on our money here in America. I was born and raised close to his plantation, and everything is named after him there. It made me sick. I am truly jealous that my country isn't doing cool shit like that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Fox News Contributor And Liberal Voice, Alan Colmes, Dead At 66 A Theist 8 2405 February 24, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Samsung Galaxy Note 7 banned from US flights account_inactive 35 3279 October 15, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  On a lighter note of things dyresand 4 1225 July 20, 2016 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Going out on a low note. brewer 37 4348 June 6, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Alan Rickman Death brewer 41 6018 January 18, 2016 at 9:25 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus