Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold The Presses
Hold The Presses
I don't know if this thread can go ahead without becomming a Urination Olympics - but let's see if the usual unrully children can behave themselves and not criticize other people's submission.

What media do you consider to be "fair and balanced" and how often do you use it?

Mine

NPR, the BBC and The Wall Street Journal.

NPR and BBC - daily.

WSJ - occasionally.

All three get a 6 out of 10 on the F&B scale.
RE: Hold The Presses
The BBC, Wikipedia is a good source of a wide range of facts.
I look at fox to see the alternative reality that they inhabit. Its truly bizarre.
I look at CNN as well and they don't seem as bad as some people portray them.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm more concerned with accuracy than with balance.  The BBC don't measure up.

Irish Times, Belly Telly,  NZ Herald.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 7, 2019 at 8:48 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm more concerned with accuracy than with balance.  The BBC don't measure up.

Irish Times, Belly Telly,  NZ Herald.

Boru

What is wrong with the BBC?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I get my news from independent sources like Secular Talk and Jimmy Dore.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I watch CBS and NBC on TV. I read articles on the internet from ABC, CBS, CNN, and Politico. I also read news about climate change and certain left-leaning opinion pieces from the New York Times, News & Guts, and Robert Reich on Facebook.
I get my most reliable information from a shiny metallic foil hat.
Whatever Sean Hannity says is true.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Fair and balanced? I can't think of one.

Still have my favorites though. Anything liberal-leaning, feminism-friendly, and respectful of logic and critical thinking.
When we're talking news media, nothing daily. However, I'll take BBC & NPR. I read any news outlet linked to me, but I'm careful to look for biased language and original sourcing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump Jr. compares border wall to zoo fences that hold animals WinterHold 3 277 January 10, 2019 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Antitheist Ex-Marine To Hold Draw Muhammad Rally in AZ Friday Secular Elf 47 9093 June 5, 2015 at 12:32 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  King Kochs hold clown car summit. Brian37 10 1834 January 27, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: polar bear