Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck "isims"
Fuck "isims"
If all 7 billion of us are the same species, then our local tribal clubs  amount to the same claim.
RE: Fuck "isims"
(August 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm)Brian37 Wrote: If all 7 billion of us are the same species, then our local tribal clubs  amount to the same claim.

I don't know what an 'isim' is, but thanks for something new and fresh that we haven't heard from you a thousand times before.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I know that most humans don't travel that far. Having been all over the United States, to France and Switzerland and Mexico and Japan and Australia . "Ism's " are fucking bullshit.
Yep entirely agree.

I hate Mexicanisms! Especially the illegal kind.

Build the wall!!

What?

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 11, 2019 at 3:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Yep entirely agree.

I hate Mexicanisms!  Especially the illegal kind.

Build the wall!!

What?

Tongue

Damned right. CHINA HAS THEIR OWN WALL!
If you can divorce the -ism from the ideology, then it is OK, in my view. What else is atheism, other than a standard position? I mean, if you understand an -ism and its content, I don't find that you're particularly bound by it; it's just a description then.

It's the tribalism that you're getting at?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(August 11, 2019 at 3:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I know that most humans don't travel that far. Having been all over the United States, to France and Switzerland and Mexico and Japan and Australia . "Ism's " are fucking bullshit.

Secularism? Humanism? Agnosticism?  Humanitarianism? Volunteerism?  Equalitarianism? Progressivism? Liberalism?  These are all bullshit to you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That is a very lovely sentiment, Brian. We can't all love each other and unite under the notion of "One Tribe" though.
We are too many. Not to mention, too many of us are truly assholes.

Hey! Try staging a hostile extraterrestrial takeover of Earth. That could work! Maybe. 
Well...probably not. 

But it's worth a shot. How much money do you have?
(August 11, 2019 at 3:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 11, 2019 at 3:41 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I know that most humans don't travel that far. Having been all over the United States, to France and Switzerland and Mexico and Japan and Australia . "Ism's " are fucking bullshit.

Secularism? Humanism? Agnosticism?  Humanitarianism? Volunteerism?  Equalitarianism? Progressivism? Liberalism?  These are all bullshit to you?

Boru

FUCK "ISMS"

We all are all born, we all die, we all want food and shelter and a meas to survive.
(August 11, 2019 at 3:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 11, 2019 at 3:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Secularism? Humanism? Agnosticism?  Humanitarianism? Volunteerism?  Equalitarianism? Progressivism? Liberalism?  These are all bullshit to you?

Boru

FUCK "ISMS"

We all are all born, we all die, we all want food and shelter and a meas to survive.

So, you would accept 'gettingbornism', 'eatingfoodism', 'gettingundershelterism' and 'gollyIhopeIdon'tdieism'?  Fair enough.

By the way, you misspelled 'ism' in the title of this thread.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck This Xtian Nation Shit Minimalist 22 3060 April 10, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fuck. Minimalist 23 3510 March 13, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Aw, Fuck...Let's Have Some Fun! Minimalist 6 1465 December 29, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fuck the Shroud of Turin Minimalist 2 1132 October 24, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist